Glucotrol User Reviews

Glucotrol - User Reviews

Glucotrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Glucotrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 29

Just started taking this medication. Had previously been on Metformin but had side effects. This medication seems to be working with no side effects.

Comment from: Tom, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 20

I take 5mg along with 1500 mg of Metformin daily for Type 2 diabetes. With the addition of this medication my blood sugar levels dropped where the doctor wanted them - lower than 150. Along with diet changes and exercise I get occasional loose stools especially after greasy meals. I do get regular (6 month) check ups for nerve damage, check toes, and an eye exam yearly.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: annipi, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 07

started it 20+ yrs.ago, 1 per day. quit ALL medications 5 yrs. ago, did great. hubby got throat cancer, i was caregiver for 2 years, and the stress plus trying to cook for both of us sent my sugars over 500. i lost over 100 lbs., but sugars just soared. recently started glucatrol back, 2 per day and now my feet are swelling terribly. sugars are great, but it's due to diet. i'm 70, hubby died last may and i still have stresses, but a different kind. sugars down to 120, best for me. i'm going to quit meds again, trying to isolate what's causing the foot problem. had problems with metformin, actos and glucophage. actos nearly killed me; glucatrol seems less harmless than other drugs. i find diet to be best! 50q5ww

Related Reading: cancer | stress | actos

Comment from: iztct, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 17

This was added along with 1000 mg. metformin and within 3 days i was down from the mid 200's to a 99 on a morning fast test. Also, no side effects like the metformin.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 14

by using this medicine because I am out of my regular one, I find it has only kept my blood sugar in the 200-300 range. The medicine I normally use is Glucovance.

Related Reading: Glucovance

Comment from: knaraya936, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 21

I have a high A1C level (about 11) and the goal is to get it below 7 in the next 3 months. About 3 weeks ago, my blood sugar level was higher than 200. I admitted myself into emergency because I was experiencing symptoms that were very similar to Transient Aschemic Attack (TIA) - the precursor to a real stroke. The doctors have prescribed 5mg Glipizide (Glucotrol) in addition to my regular dose of 750mg of Metformin twice daily. I have been taking this cocktail for about 4 days now, and my blood glucose levels have dropped to below 150. I've also eliminated all external sugars from my diet - no fruit juices, no sweet dairy products etc - and am exercising for 30 minutes each day. I am restricting my diet to less than 250 carbs per day. I think the combination of diet, exercise, and medication is necessary to move the A1C and blood glucose levels in the right direction

Related Reading: stroke | Glucotrol

Comment from: ted, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 05

After being found allergic to Metformin (rash everywhere) for 1 year I took 5mg daily of Glipizide. It works well, but when blood sugars began to climb for no apparent reason, I was changed to 10mg. Now I have occ'l low blood sugar with night sweats, weakness, dizziness OR my morning blood sugar readings are 70 +/- a little too low for confidence that I am doing the right thing. Has anyone else had irregular problems with adjusting dosages? Thanks.

Related Reading: rash | night sweats | dizziness

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

Glucotrol has been a very effective treatment along with taking a cinnamon supplement to control my blood sugar levels,which in turn controls my diabetes.

Comment from: PapaRon, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

I'm unable to rate this drug at present, as I'm starting it, 10 mg, 'today'. I am replacing Glimepiride 8 mg with it. And I also take Metformin ER 500 mg twice daily, which I will continue, along with the Glucotrol 10 mg.

Comment from: PEACHES2COOL@YAHOO.COM, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 24

MADE ME GAIN A LITTLE WEIGHT