Glucovance User Reviews

Glucovance - User Reviews

Glucovance User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Glucovance sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: houdini, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 23

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS MEDICATION FOR 8 YEARS AND IT HAS WORKED VERY EFFECTIVELY. IF TAKEN EVERY 12 HOURS IT SEEMS TO HELP CONTROL THE SUGAR LEVEL. I HAVE HAD TO ADD JANUVIA IN THE MORNINGS NOW. BUT THE BIGGEST FACTOR IS WATCHING WHAT YOU EAT AND QUANTITY. I AM ALLOWED TO TAKE A SMALL BITE ONCE IN A WHILE OF SOMETHING SWEET, BUT IT USUALLY WASN'T WORTH THE SUGAR INCREASE, MUST EXERCISE IF YOU TAKE THAT BITE.

Related Reading: JANUVIA

Comment from: Glucovance , 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 22

I have experienced the Glucovance tab 500mg/2.5 twice a day right at the time of my breakfast and dinner time.The dose is suggested by my Doctor. I have take this tablet from one month or so, with this I have also take two other tablets name AMARYL 1mg and glucobay 50mg. My doctor recommend these tablets to me because my blood sugar is too high 300 to 350mg/dl and my A1C range is also very poor i.e 11.2% but after taking these drugs my blood sugar level is contol very much i.e in the range of 90 to 115 in the fasting and in the range of 140 to 165 in random. The problem I have faced after taking glucovance is that my stomach is disturbed produce lot of gases in the stomach although stool is passing regularly but it is hard to pass.I Feel my head rotating.

Related Reading: Glucovance | AMARYL

Comment from: littleclocks@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 18

I try not to eat anything I shouldn't, but if I do, or if I discover I have, I know that I have my "metformin" to help me get back on track. I doubt I could "live" without this medication, literally. I really do try awfully hard to make sure that I keep my diet and my blood sugar levels in check, but I know this medication always has my back.

Comment from: Stxipec2, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 16

This treatment has helped me control my sugar and no side effects.

Comment from: colleen08063, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 22

It's convenient to take one medication instead of 2. I find it to work well. You just need to remember to take it 12 hours apart so not to have your numbers spike, but that's with all medication.

Comment from: Barbara S, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 22

I have reduced my medication because of high amounts of exercise. I need to take 1/2 of dosage of 1.25/250 so I cut tablets. However, the brand name is no longer manufactured. I can't take generic - I get wheezing, mucus, nasal swelling and cough from probably the coating or other stuff in pill. Any ideas?

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: glucovage, on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 23

weird dreams

Comment from: padillar62@hotmail.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 31

I recently switched to glucovance because metformin alone was not working. I have seen and felt significant change in lowering my glucose level....It has only been 10 days so I will keep monitoring

Comment from: marta, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 24

Does glucovance give you anemia?

Related Reading: anemia

Comment from: csmusabrunno, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 02

chronic cough, hoarse voice, very salty tasting mucus, muscle pain in arms and shoulders, irritated upperespitory system causing more sensitivity to allergens and creating bronchitis's symptoms.

Related Reading: muscle pain