Glumetza User Reviews

Glumetza - User Reviews

Glumetza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Glumetza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: maureen, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 27

Had been on glucophage for 2 years but had to stop due to diarrhea problems Then put on glumetza and have started to have bowel problems but not sure if it is the medicine or not.

Related Reading: glucophage | diarrhea | glumetza

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 19

The difference in me is astrinomical, I now have energy and am able to function on a day to day basis, I am very pleased. I have had no bowel problems at all.

Comment from: CindyB, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 04

i take glumetza 500 mg extended release, the only side effect i am experiencing is a very gassy stomach, other then that, i notice a change on how i feel. i dont get that low sugar feeling. I guess i would rather have gas then feel bad.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

No gastric or bowel problems at all.

Comment from: hookedx, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 13

been taking this for over a year with no problems. We all should strive to get off all our meds,become healthier and feel better.

Comment from: kb, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 27

I have only been taking this medication for a week but have had nauseu and diarhea for a few days. Hoping this subsides. Energy is up though.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

BEWARE! felt like I had the flu and had chest pressure that felt like a heart attack, was so anxious that I thought I was going out of my mind! this was on the 7th day of taking it, also had a 5# wt. gain! Never want to feel that way again!

Related Reading: flu | heart attack

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 04

lactic acid build-up in my body.

Comment from: GayeEllen, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 22

Was taking metformin 1000 twice a day, but not the extended release. Had severe diahrrea every single day for 7 or 8 months. Dr. switched me to the timed release pill and I have not had any more diahrrea one single time since I started taking it. I am so happy.

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

First dose with dinner last night, within 15 min. I had severe dizziness followed by excessive vomiting...both of which lasted over 4 hours. Could not hold my head up or keep my eyes open. It was very scary! Have a call into my doctor.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 08

I had taken gluclaphage when i was younger and stopped taking it due to diarreah issues. Glumetza doesnt have that effect for me, I take 1000mg release, but if i eat after about 7pm my blood sugars high in the morning ranging from 120-148.

Comment from: crk, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 17

This medication has been wonderful for me. I feel so much better.