Glumetza User Reviews

Glumetza - User Reviews

Glumetza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Glumetza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MrsCody08, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

I thank my doctor every day for this medication.This has lowered my numbers tremendously, I havent hit over 120 in over a week. I have very minimal gas...no diarrhea, and I work out just fine.

Comment from: sina, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 16

Just started taking glumetza as I was having trouble with another diabetis med. I am experiencing stomach trouble with slight diaarhia so will switch to taking it in the evening. Hoping it will work for me.

Comment from: ks005005, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 04

New IDDM, I feel the same as before I took the meds just very bad gas. Blood glucose not changing alot but I have only been on it 4 days.

Comment from: 19-24 Published: August 08

Terrible! Made me feel like crud! I lost my energy, my stomach was always icky and I felt like I was constantly going to throw up. I also felt increased anxiety. I took it for about a month and quit - this was two years ago...I still haven't felt the same since then!!!!!

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Merry, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 18

Been taking for 3 weeks. Severe diarhhea, gas BUT I can't believe how clear my head now is. Not feeling "ditzy" now that I am taking the drug. My doctor said to take in the Am with a meal but all the drug info says take in the evening with a meal and I have switched to that so that I am home if my bowel erupts. My grandmother, father and now I have type II diabetes...I am not overweight but my family history keeps my blood sugars very high.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 07

Extreme diahrrea, dizziness,no energy

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 06

No problems with the med except gas - was advised to take "gasX" tablet with it - this worked great!! No low blood sugar probelms - wonderful in my profession.

Comment from: Brenda, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 17

It keeps my appitate down and i feel full more quickly

Comment from: gina v, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 10

My blood sugar is still elevated first thing in the morning ranging from 120-146.I am also taking Januvia 100 mg along with the Glumetza 1000mg ist thing in the am

Related Reading: Januvia

Comment from: glumetza, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 20

I took glumetza for five weeks. I suffered tremendous muscle pain for four of those weeks. I realized the pain was caused by my taking glumetza because this was the only change in my medication. I stopped taking the drug and phoned my doctor. She also informed me to stop taking glumetza. The only problem I have now is I still suffer from muscle pain. I didn't take the medicine long enough to determine how effective is was in lowering my H1c. I hope no one else experienced my pain and discomfort.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: Brandi04, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 10

I have prediabeties and poly cistic ovarian syndrom. My doctor started me on metformin which tore my stomach up, then he switched me to Glumetza, a time released version of the metformin. I have my body back for the first time since puberty! I've been on it for 8 months now, occasionally I become hypoglycemic (mostly when I'm running around all day and don't eat right) but I carry glucose tablets and they do great at taking care of the hypoglycemia. I haven't had a high blood sugar in the last 5 months and my doctor thinks it may have gotten rid of my prediabeties, along with diet change of course.

Related Reading: puberty | hypoglycemia