Glumetza User Reviews

Glumetza - User Reviews

Glumetza User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Glumetza sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: NANA, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 18

When I started I was ok but the last two weeks I have had diahera and upset stomach.

Comment from: sparkydog, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

I have been diagnosed with PCOS (ten years ago), but am also in the perimenopause phase of life as I'm 53. I am insulin resistant and while my blood sugar levels are normal, as is my A1C, my insulin level was a little high. I'm taking 1000mg daily (500mg once every twelve hours, with food). At the time this was prescribed to me I was also told to take vitamins D3 and B12. Initially the drug worked better than Metformin regarding the side effects, but about five weeks ago I started having extreme fatigue, difficulty taking deep breaths, and feeling like my heart is going to jump right out of my chest. The dizziness that sometimes comes along has me afraid to drive in my car alone, and I have had several bad dizzy spells while shopping or dining out with friends. I have indigestion almost constantly with Glumetza and feel hungry/nauseous all the time. There is also a problem with constipation and while the meds might cause diarrhea it seems I am having the opposite problem. I have been taking this medication for three months and now I suppose I am one of the few people who cannot take this type of medicine. I will continue controlling my diet with the plan given to me by the doctor, but I will not continue with this medicine because it is not worth it to me to feel so wrung out all of the time. Knowing that the side effects are what they are will give me additional incentive to stick to a good nutrition plan so hopefully I can avoid problems like this in the future.

Related Reading: vitamins | B12 | fatigue