Gris Peg User Reviews

Gris Peg - User Reviews

Gris Peg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Gris Peg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: December 22

symtoms improved in 12 days of a 30 day script.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: December 05

My daughter was prescribed this medication for her scalp after trying several other medications. After being tested, I was informed by her primary doctor that she did not have tinea capitis and was sent to the dermatologist. She had a coulter taken there and was informed that the problem in her head was not ringworm or contagious. Although they wanted to treat it with medication used to treat ringworm. She was prescribed shampoo and an oral medication. (They didn't work!) As a result her hair began to fall out. After 2 years of trying several different medicine combinations and several specialists, we were given a prescription for Gris-peg oral. I am happy to say within 2 weeks we were able to see a difference. Her scalp had completely cleared and her hair began to grow in the areas in which it had fallen out. This lasted 9 months after treatment was complete. In exactly nine months the problem returned. Within a week her scalp looked as though she never had treatment. Nothing that we have tried has worked.

Related Reading: ringworm

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 08

My son was treated with it. We took him off after being on it for almost a year as the ringworm was not clearing. The cortizone cream alone actually worked best. He's been off for two months and still complains of headaches and stomache aches. I would not recommend it.

Comment from: Jalenmon, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 04

My son is being treated with this Gris-peg for scalp ringworm. He's been taking it now for 27 days and it has not cleared up his ring worm it's actually spread and gotten bigger in his scalp.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 04

Took it for about 2 weeks, scalp cleared up perfectly within days so the doctor took me off of it. Infection came back even worse within a few weeks. Started it up again.. Both time severe insomnia and loose stools for the first few days. So frustrating to not be able to sleep but it does reduce the scalp symptoms fairly quickly.

Related Reading: insomnia | sleep

Comment from: MOM, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 14

IT WORKS

Comment from: ronald0749, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 14

Had a fungal infection under my right big toenail. It took several months to clear up, but eventually healed completely with no apparent side effects.

Comment from: Eternity, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 20

So far my daughter has not had any side effects and the fungus has cleared up(x2weeks) and now we are continuing the medication for the color of her toes to come back.

Comment from: Bad Experience, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 19

I had to stop taking Gris PEG Oral after about 10 days. 10 minutes after taking the drug, my heart would start pounding. About the 5th day, I had facial and vaginal swelling. I had trouble sleeping. My doctor told me to immediately stop taking the drug. It was a terrible experience.

Related Reading: Gris PEG

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 11

Medicine was prescribed for unknown fungal infection of the feet, after trying other medications without success. After two days of use fungas was gone and skin had cleared.

Comment from: Lisa, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

I do not know if this medication works. After taking it for two weeks, I broke out in a horrible rash. Dr. said it was an allergic reaction to something I ate. A few weeks later, I took another one of these pills and woke up a few hous later having trouble breathing. I had all of the horrible side effects. Needless to say, I will never recommend or take this medication again!

Related Reading: rash