Halcion User Reviews

Halcion - User Reviews

Halcion User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Halcion sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

be very preparedto sleep, i mean take this pill when you are lying in the bed...15 minutes later you will be asleep. i have take it 2 weeks without any problems what so ever. I feel refreshed after each nights sleep. I am wondering if when I stop taken this drug if I will be able to sleep without it.

Comment from: the sandman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 04

due to a cronic pain problem I've used Halcion for 20yrs. It gets me to sleep quickly. I still wake up several times but go back to sleep quickly. I'm addicted to halcion and don't care. I don't abuse the dosage, taking one at bedtime Everynight. I've tried the other sleep aids and always come back to halcion because it works for me and allows me to awaken clear headed.

Related Reading: Halcion

Comment from: Tracy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 14

I'm a 40 year old female that has had chronic insomnia since age 14. Tried many other meds before this. After less than a week I've had fantastic sleep each night, even being able to fall back asleep after waking for the bathroom, dog walking over me, etc. I've had minor drowsiness in the morning (after6-8 hrs sleep), but definitely not as much as I've had when I'm struggling to fall asleep all night. I will gladly continue to use this as needed without using it every night so my body doesn't get too used to it.

Related Reading: insomnia

Published: April 23

i have been falling asleep faster,staying asleep,with little or no hangover the next day.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 10

Have had insomnia for 6 to 7 years. Tried Ambien for awhile but only kept me asleep for a few hours. Have been using Halcion for approximately 5 years and has always worked. I take the minimum dosage 0.25mg and have never needed an increase. I never feel hung over in the morning like I did with Ambien either.

Related Reading: Ambien

Comment from: HALCION, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

DENTIST CALLED IN PRESCRIPTION TO PHARMACY FOR 3 TABLETS OF HALCION, TO BE TAKEN: 2 BEFORE COMING TO THE OFFICE FOR DEEP CLEANING AND ROOTSCALING BY HYGIENIST. I WAS UNCONSCIOUS ABT. 10 MINUTES AFTER TAKING THE PILLS (0.25MG EACH) I LATER ON FELL WHILE TRYING IN MY SLEEP TO GET OUT OF THE CAR, DAMAGED MY FACE, NEEDED WOUND CLOSING, SPRAINED MY WRISTS AND LANDED IN THE HOSPITAL WHERE I DID NOT REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS UNTIL AFTER 4PM. I GOT TO THE DENTIST'S PARKING LOT BEFORE 9AM. I ALSO HURT MY KNEE WHICH WAS OPERATED ON BEFORE, AND NOW NEED MORE AND MORE THERAPY AND DOCTOR VISITS. THE DENTIST'S WIFE WHO SEEMS TO RUN THE OFFICE TOLD ME THAT THIS WAS ALL LAUGHABLE, THAT THEY GIVE THE SAME DOSE TO EVERYBODY (O.5MG). I NEVER HAD TO READ OR SIGN ANYTHING - THE DENTIST AND WIFE WERE OUT OF TOWN ON THE DAY OF THE CLEANING. I AM HAVING MULTIPLE SIDE EFFECTS SINCE THIS EPISODE. SWELLING , HORRIBLE SKIN ITCHING, SHORT TERM MEMORY TROUBLE, MOMENTARY DIZZINESS ETC. I DID NOT YET FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF MANY WHO TOLD ME TO SUE, BUT I DO WISH TO NOT HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO TO PREVENT THIS? I AM A VERY HEALTHY 77 YEAR OLD WOMAN, WAS ALWAYS VERY ACTIVE, TOOK NO MEDICATIONS WHATSOEVER, AND WAS NEVER AFRAID OF A DENTAL PROCEDURE. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN -- INCIDENTALLY, AFTER THIS HAPPENED, THE DENTAL OFFICE (WIFE) HAD SOME FORMS DRAWN UP FOR ME TO SIGN (AFTER THE FACT). I NEVER RETURNED THEM, AND ALSO DID NO LONGER GO TO THIS DENTIST (A HIGHLY CREDENTIALED ONE). I INCURRED GREAT EXPENSE AND HAD TO HIRE HELP ETC. I DO HOPE THEY DON'T GIVE THIS DOSAGE TO OTHER PATIENTS WITHOUT WARNING OR CAUTION. I AM STILL SUFFERING FROM THE AFTEREFFECTS.

Related Reading: ITCHING | DIZZINESS

Comment from: Irish Angel, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 18

I am a 50 year old woman who was given this medication to take the night before and the day of Oral Surgery. I slept WONDERFULLY both the night before and the day of surgery. I wish I'd had this before rather than Sodium Seconal (twilight anesthesia)!

Comment from: Cathy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

I have tried everything, and this seems to be the best at helping me sleep. Slept through the night, and was fine the next morning. I have used it off and on for 4 months with no side effects.

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.