Halcion User Reviews

Halcion - User Reviews

Halcion User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Halcion sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 202ene, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 15

Suffered from sleep disruption for many years prior my doctor prescribing Triazolam (.25 mg). I would sleep 2-3 hours before waking up, and couldn't get back to sleep. What was amazing was that I could break the pill into quarters, and one-quarter of a pill would let me sleep an additional 3-4 hours. I have experienced no side effects after approx 7 years of using this medication.

Comment from: sleepless in ky, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 27

there were times id go 4-6 nites with no sleep but this med is the only one that works Ive tryed all the others, it provides xcellent recoupritive sleep no hang over effectyou can count on this med

Comment from: Milo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 24

Yet another benzodiazepine I've been prescribed, this time for insomnia. Very effective, though as usual I had to take a higher than usual dose (.5 to 1 mg.) No problems developing tolerance, feeling hungover, or withdrawing. Worked quickly and effectively.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 22

I have tied lots of sleeping medications and hacion has worked the best--by far--for me.

Comment from: equestrian1128, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 14

I was given this drug before a root canal to take place at 8 a.m. My 78 yr old mother took me there. The dentist put me in her car basically unconscious and she had to manage to get me into her house. I was not awake good at 7 pm but drove home at 8pm because I had dogs to let out. I got violently ill, couldn't work the next day due to confusion and aggitation. Don't take this drug.

Comment from: Jackie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 15

My mother took 2 of these one hour before a dental procedure to help her relax. She not only cannot remember me practically carrying her into the dr.'s office but 8 hours later still cannot function. She will not be taking the other pill prescribed for tonight.

Comment from: CreepedOutWife, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 04

The dentist gave this drug to my husband prior to his appt. He took one before bed and one in the morning. About a half an hour after taking the 2nd dose, it was time to leave. My husband could not tie his own shoes. He was trying but couldn't make his hands coordinate to tie them. He then almost fell down our front steps. I got him into the car and had to buckle his seat belt. When we got to the dentist he did not want my help. (The Halcion actually made him a bit belligerent.) He started up the 5 stairs to the dentist's office and after one step fell flat on his face and never even attempted to put his hands out to brace himself. Luckily he only banged his elbow a bit. He was supposed to take another pill when he got to the office and I made sure they knew he should not. He came home and slept for 5 hours and awoke with a headache. He doesn't think the drug was that bad but the dental hygenist told me about the amnesia affect this drug has so I don't think he really remembers it all. As a matter of fact, I know he doesn't because when I tell him about his morning he doesn't remember what I'm talking about. I hope he doesn't ever feel compelled to take it again. It was tough to watch.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Gail, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 24

For the past 3 years I have suffered from chronic back problems, I have had 4 major back surguries and several different procedures all of which has left me with siciatic nerve damage and major scar tissue, so needless to say I am in pain 99.9 % of the time, I Have been given Ambien, Klonopin, Valuim, Zanax, and who know what else to help me get some sleep. I can sometimes IF I AM LUCKY get 3 hours sleep if the medication knocks me out enough but then the next day I am hung over and tired and cranky along with hurting. Yesterday my doctor reluticlantly prescribed Halcion for me.... OH MY I slept soooo good last night for the first time in years and this morning I feel great! Revived and well rested, if my doctor tries to take this medication away from me I just dont know what I will do! It REALLY worked that good for me. I think I can finally sleep again!! WOW

Related Reading: Klonopin

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

I've had sleep problems for 14 years. Avoided prescrip. drugs for years then finally tried: diazepam, rhohypnol, Ambien CR, Lunesta, Trazodone, Elavil. Rhohypnol (aka the date drug) was marvelously and 100% effective but brought about some changes in thought patterns so I quit after a few months. I've been taking .25 mg of Halcion for 3 nights and still wake up in the night but less and easier to get back to sleep. I think I will stick with Halcion because even though I don't get a full night's sleep, it calms my mind, doesn't give me weird dreams and doesn't leave me groggy in the morning.

Related Reading: Ambien CR | Lunesta | Elavil

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.