Halcion User Reviews

Halcion - User Reviews

Halcion User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Halcion sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 25

Works very fast but only lasts for 4-5 hours...not good enough for a full night's sleep

Comment from: CarlaB, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 05

I've been using this for about 15 years, on and off. This is the only sleeping aid I've used that does not give me wierd dreams or a hangover or the taste of bitters in my mouth. I only use it when my brain won't stop chattering, about 2-3 times a month. After 2 hours of trying to sleep, I take one or 1/2 one and get the sleep I need, but can wake up and go right back to sleep.

Comment from: dottie, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 08

At the age of 90 my mother admitted to me she was addited to the drug Halcion for 13 years. She was not sleeping any more with this drug and could not get off of it. Because of HEPPA - her pharmacist could not tell me - so my mother suffered greatly. No one helped her. By the time I helped her become drug free she had other issues and died 2 months later. But what I now understand is that although Halcion is outlawed in some countries, it is given out like candy here. UNDERSTAND THIS. THIS IS AN ADDICTIVE DRUG. YOU MIGHT SLEEP NOW, BUT NOT FOREVER. AND WHEN IT'S ATTRIBUTES WEAR OFF - YOU WILL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN. Please look for natural ways to fall asleep and stay away from this drug. The addiction is horrible.

Comment from: Lisa, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

I have taken Halcion the last three times I had dental work done due to the fact that local anesthesia does not work for me. It has no effect. I was prescribed one .25 mg pill half an hour before my appt and then once I was there, they would decide if I needed another which I did each time. It reminds me of what others has told me about being so drunk you can only remember bits and pieces of what you were doing. My husband has taken me home right after and I have slept the rest of the day. The next morning feeling just fine. Do not go anywhere or try to function on this drug. My kids told me some funny things I did while on them and can't remember afterwards, however I'm so thankful to have something that will keep me from the horrible pain of dental work. Dentists in the past have had me go through it feeling the whole thing.

Comment from: skctazz, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

Dentist's don't provide info on meds. It is our responsibility to look up info before taking. Had major dental work adivan made me irritated. Horrible experience. He gave me Halcion for 2nd go around. Didn't remember much thankfully. He gave me 2 .25mg (slept the whole time no memory) which was fine for me but could be 1 too much for someone else. Always have someone drive and be with you for the day. Each person is different so err on the side of caution. Personally my drug of choice for dental from here on out.

Comment from: donaldstevens1954, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

I've been on almost every sleeping ther is. My Doctor gave me a script of .25 Halcion. He said it would knock me out. Wrong, the first night took me forever to fall asleep. It now allows me some sleep, but I wake up every hour on the hour every single night. Haven't slept straight through the night in almost 4 years. I guess I just have to live with it.

Comment from: Karen, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 30

This medication was prescribed to me for use before/during long dental procedures specifically to control anxiety during fillings. I find it to work incredibly well. I don't remember most of what is happening and don't care about the rest.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: sjd3434, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 06

My doc told me 1/2 a pill would knock me out cold and I would sleep great after taking me off of ambien. I didn't do anything!! I ended up increasing the dosage throughout the first week to 2 pills a night and I still didn't fall asleep...just laid there all night. It didn't do anything. I even wondered if it was a placebo. My doc and pharmacist assured me it wasn't. Oh well, back to ambien. Heck benydril works 10x's better than halcion.

Sleep Disorders

Get tips for better sleep.