Haldol Decanoate User Reviews

Haldol Decanoate - User Reviews

Haldol Decanoate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Haldol Decanoate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: patrick, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 10

ok except for severe Parkinson tremors. Cannot go outside in public people become afraid when they see tremors. My M.D. has stopped giving me injections until they stop. I am taking cogentin to manage side effects.

Related Reading: tremors | cogentin

Comment from: MissMyRy, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 17

My boyfriend was given this injection when his family convinced him that he needed to be admitted to a psychiatric unit for observation. He has been having delusions that people are watching him and trying to kill him. I completely agree with the decision to get him help but that injection has taken him away from us totally!! He is always out of it and just walks around like a zombie, he cant stand it when i so much as hug him, hes just not the same funny, loving, hardworking man he was 3 weeks ago. I have tried to be there for him because im scared to death that he is going to need me and im not going to be there, but at the same time i feel like im smothering him. I know the dangers of this medication - I was hospitalized a few years ago from just taking one dose (he has the extended release injection). I almost died, my throat closed off, muscles seized up, my blood pressure shot sky high, and my heart rate was 110. This medication should be administered in SMALL doses under medical supervision. He was on this unit 3 days, shot in the ass with the injection and sent home with diphenhydramine and more halidol 10mg (not sure on the strength) and the messed up thing is that he still thinks someone is trying to kill him and is watching him. The only time i can get him halfway back to normal is when he is at my house with me and family. But getting a paranoid person to leave their house is almost impossible. I cant wait until this wears off so i can have him back... there has to better ways to treat this than turn him into a zombie.

Comment from: sthomas, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 04

lethargy somnolence muscle tremors drowsiness difficulty speaking

Comment from: cherwannabe42, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 21

the only thing my liver enzymes are up. my illness has stayed away since being on this medicine.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: superman_25508, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 27

I sleep to much and when I get up out of the bed i feel so miseravle I vannot see it