Helidac User Reviews

Helidac - User Reviews

Helidac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Helidac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: G-man, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

I have just started this treatment package and will post again in a week to let all know how it works for me.I was told i have bacteria on my stomach wall!

Comment from: RhondaK72, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 17

After having issues with swallowing, endoscopy and biopsies of my esophagus, stomach and duodenum revealed that I had H-Pylori bacteria. It cased my stomach and esophagus to become inflamed and an ulcer had developed in my duodenum. The medicine was difficult for me to take and I had all of the side affects (MAJOR FATIGUE, black tongue, black stools, metal taste in mouth), but I managed to force myself to finish the entire 14 day kit. I focused on it dose by dose and tried not to think about or count how many days I had left to finish it. The bismuth tablets were just NASTY to chew. During the process, I developed thrush and constant yeast infections b/c this medicine kills off the good bacteria along with the bad bacteria. I was placed on additional medicine to control the thrush and constant yeast infections. It's been 8 weeks since I took my first dose of Helidac Oral. Good news is that a recent breath test revealed that I no longer have H-Pylori. Bad news is that my digestive system is still in bad shape. It's VERY painful to go to the bathroom (horrible pain in my abdomen/colon, diarrhea and blood in my stool...similar to Krohn's Disease...I lost 8 lbs in 8 days.) I can no longer consume any dairy products because it is not worth the pain that will follow. Bummer because I used to love to drink milk. I had to be placed on a bland diet & then later was placed on the BRAT diet (banana, rice, applesauce & toast only) to try to slow/stop the diarrhea. I had to take Imodium AD and even more prescription medicine to reduce spasms in my colon. Tomorrow, I'll undergo tests to measure my levels, as the doctor suspects that the Helidac likely killed too much of the flora/good bacteria in my colon that is needed for proper digestion. If so, I will have to take even more medicine to try and fix that. It's been a horrible experience but I am just relieved that the H-Pylori bacteria is dead. I just hope that the doctor can get my digestive system back to normal soon.

Related Reading: FATIGUE | thrush | Helidac

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

I have not had a normal BM since starting this med. My stools have either been loose or liquid and they are a weird green color. I feel bloated and full most of the time and have been having cramping and pain. I felt better before beginning this medication.

Comment from: patty, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 17

I have been taking this med. for 10 days now I can't eat or sleep and I am having pain in my stomach and stomach feels like it is hard as a rock. stools are dark and pee is also.

Comment from: wannabhpylorifree, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 29

I took this medicine for 14 days and cut out all dairy while taking the helidac. I also stopped daily meds I could temporarily go w/o, such as aspirin, allergy, multi-vitamins, for the 2 week period. I chewed 2 pink tablets before taking the next 2 antibiotics. I also made sure I was upright for 1/2 hour following medication. I took each medication with food, even just a piece of bread. Had very few side effects: darkening of stools (dark green) and diarrhea about 1 week into medicine, and a metalic taste in my mouth, but it was not bad. Did not have any discomfort that would make me want to stop the medicine. As for effectiveness of destroying the h pylori, I won't know until a follow-up test is performed.

Related Reading: aspirin | allergy | vitamins

Comment from: jbalee, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 28

I did have the dark stool and some darkening of my tongue. I had read that there where side affects from taking this medicine so I was concerned, but all went well I had no problems only a little nausea if I didn't eat. I just finished and I'm not sure if the problem has been corrected I will have to wait and see.

Comment from: Adam, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

Get a second opinion before taking this drug combo. The pain and discomfort of the side effects are worse than the ulcer.

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: June 08

I am 5 days in on this therapy and have had mild nausea that is tolerable. I am having an allergic to one of the medications in the therapy; a rash and itching that is not tolerable but the alternative treatment is not an option for me. Since I have not completed the treatment I don't know if it is successful. Will repost when I get test results

Related Reading: rash | itching