Heparin User Reviews

Heparin - User Reviews

Heparin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Heparin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mrslbl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

I have suffered from recurrent miscarriages and Heparin has helped maintain my pregnancy and prevent my blood clots. I give myself 2 shots a day with insulin needles. I have been on the shots from week 13 to week 37 of pregnancy. I firmly believe in this drug! It has kept my pregnancy going at a healthy pace!

Related Reading: Heparin | pregnancy | blood clots

Comment from: smelmac, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

The needles are so small that they are not painful, however the medication itself burned under the skin for about 10 minutes with each injection and the burning is worse in some sites than others. Also the fact that heparin is twice a day is somewhat worse.

Comment from: srmusick, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 10

I found out at 5 weeks pregnant that I have factor IV leiden and hyperhomocystenimia. I had a healthy pregnancy with my daughter 3 years ago, but have had reoccurant miscarriages since and underwent a thrombophilia panel not expecting clotting disorder. I was first perscribed Lovenox, however it was expensive and my insurance wouldnt cover a penny. I was prescribed heparin. I take it twice a day, 5,000 mIu each time. I was a little fatigued at first, and weak, but i take folic acid and calcium and it has helped alot. I HATE needles and these dont even bother me. There's gonna be bruising at first at the injection site, but even that slowly goes away after your skin toughens up. Im now 20 weeks pregnant with my second little girl and its all going wonderfully!

Related Reading: Lovenox

Comment from: ToniD, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 09

I went to the ER due to difficulty in breathing. Weeks earlier I had two (2) stents by angioplasty. The ER Dr gave me a Heparin injection (by a Nurse on my stomach)ostensibly to prevent blood clot, notwithstanding my comment about taking Plavix for a long, long time already which is supposed to prevent blood clots. I don't understand why this Dr insisted that I should nevertheless take the Heparin shot. Later he ordered a nuclear dye study of my lungs and heart but did not go thru because the Hosp was not equipped to do this and was instead transferred to another Hosp but the Dr there decided instead to do a Doppler test on both my legs to determine if I have any clots in my lungs; fortunately, findings were negative. I was discharged thereafter. My point is: Heparin should NOT be administered if the patient is already on Plavix.

Related Reading: Plavix

Comment from: mrsmay454, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 02

I use it on my dialysis bags

Comment from: Nilsa, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 18

I used 3ml heprin 100U/ML to flush my picc line 4 times a day at first while I was on antibiotics (1 month) then once a day (1 month) after I was off of them till they took the picc line out. I had the picc line on for almost 2 months (4/27/12 - 6/20/12). It's been 1 month since I had it removed (today's date 7/18/12)and my hair is falling out by the tons. I am so scared that I will eventually be bald. I'm wondering if my hair will ever grow back.

Comment from: Heparin, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 20

Being of the ISLAM faith, it is against my religion to consume,touch, or do anything that has that swine in it. They were aware of this,however continued using this drug on me. The adverse effects are irreversible. What can i do medicaley and legally?

Comment from: Sue, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

Was given thid drug whist an inpatient in a public hosptial. Despite walking at least one kilometer a day (knowing long term risk of DVT's after 22 years following major MVA and chronic spinal injury) doctors ingonred my information and proceeded to give excessie amounts of durg. My stomach was fully black from bleeding, and no regular blood tests of effectiveness of treatment carried out. By end of seventh day, desptie severe illness and pain and request for second opinion in treatment which was ignored, I checked myself out. Pain and cortisol (adrenal insufficiency primary diagnosis with Type I diabetes and spinal injury complications). Major side effect since resolution of major stomach heamorrahing from overdose of drug has been complete disappearance of appetite. No success in regaining this appetite since August 2010 drug overdose depite numberous attempts to try stimulating it. Any ideas would be appreciated???? Kind regards Sue

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: 6hn6xr, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 22

the treatment worked excellent

Comment from: sandy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

I developed a large hive surrounding each injection site with itching lasting over 2 weeks.

Related Reading: itching