Herceptin User Reviews

Herceptin - User Reviews

Herceptin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Herceptin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: minijean40, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 15

I was diagnosed with stage 2B HER2NEU positive breast cancer in Aug 2002. I had a lumpectomy and underwent 4 types of chemo including Hepceptin in a clinical trial from Sept thru Jan then eht Herceptin for a full year, then 5 weeks of radiation. Yes, there were side effects: hair loss, bone pain, anemia, fatigue, depression..but I am still here and cancer free SIX years later!!! I feel very BLESSED to have recieved Herceptin ( I had a 1 in 3 chance in the clinical trial) and thank God every day for the doctor that developed it!!!

Related Reading: hair loss | anemia

Comment from: concerned neice, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 06

my aunt received this drug once week. each week she would report to the doctor that her cough was worsening, she would swell more, she was hoarse from day one, and never seemed to get any better. the doctor listened to her lungs and told her that there was nothing wrong with her and continued the treatments. after four months of treatment, my aunt is dead. all because a doctor is too stubborn to listen to his patient. to make a long story short, ONLY YOU KNOW YOUR BODY better than any one else. if you feel like there's something wrong, there usually is. keep letting your doctor know that you are not comfortable with herceptin infusion, if you have severe symptoms. don't let the negligence of a stubborn doctor take another life.

Related Reading: cough

Published: March 21

This drug nearly killed me after my third infusion. By the time my doctor, who dismissed my distress over the phone, would see me in his office, my blood oxygen was 82% instead of 100%. At 80 you die. My heart was 4X bigger than normal, one lung was filled with water and one was 80% filled with water. I had ten additional pounds of water in my chest cavity. I fired my oncologist after I left the hospital a week later. He refused to admit it might be herception, but the 7 other oncs at the Regional Oncology Center disagreed with him. Every doctor who has read my chart in the past 2 years (7) have told me it is a miracle I am alive. They do not know how I made it. I did have congestive heart failure and was on 3 heart meds for nearly a year. I am 57-- very young looking and very healthy-- not overweight. I jogged for 25 years and used speed walking and nautalis after that. I was not overweight. Meanwhile, I am still cancer free. If you are going to take this drug, never let your doctor make you wait five days to be seen if you start coughing. Mine never mentioned an ER, even. He said it was nervous hysteria making me cough from the phone. NOT.

Related Reading: congestive heart failure

Comment from: lou ann, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 08

I have been on IV Herceptin for 8 months. My doctor has prescribed 12 months of treatment. I have experienced fatique, slight nausea and chills for several days after each of my treatments.

Comment from: Mtm10219, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 08

I was 30 when I took Herceptin. I was in a clinical trial for early breast cancer patients to decrease chance of reoccurence! No problems and have actually had 2 healthy beautiful little girls since then! Good luck to all ! I feel Herceptin is a very good drug!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 24

I was on herceptin for a year, during my chemo and double masectomy. After 2 months I took a PET scan and the cancer was gone. (it was in 3 places plus nodes) I give 100% credit to herceptin. I had ZERO problems or side effects from it. It was all the chemo, once that stopped, so did the side effects. I continue to go for MUGA scans and everything is perfect. Herceptin saved my life.

Comment from: Atlanta GA, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 11

I was on weekly Taxol/Herceptin for 12 weeks and am now on a regimen of Herceptin every 3 weeks for the remainder of a year. I have a lot of pain (compounded by Fibromyalgia) and fatigue hits unexpectedly but considering the chemo I've been on and radiation treatment (33) - that's not unusual. My 1st mammogram/ultrasound since diagnosis was clear - so I'm very hopeful that this drug is working. The benefits far outweigh the side effects for me. (I'm also monitored with echo cardiograms every 90 days)

Related Reading: Taxol | Fibromyalgia

Comment from: Atlanta, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 12

I was on weekly treatment of Taxol & Herceptin for 12 weeks - now Herceptin alone every 3 weeks for the remainder of a year. I have joint/muscle pain and difficulty walking - especially in the morning. Fatigue comes and goes and can be severe at times. I continue to work fulltime and hope this drug is working to kill the Her2+ protein.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.