Herceptin User Reviews

Herceptin - User Reviews

Herceptin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Herceptin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cclark, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I took Herceptin for a year, ending April 2007. For the most part, I experienced no side effects. I started training for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day 60 mile walk and began having serious stiffness after long walks (6 miles or more). It was bad enough that I could barely stand up for a few hours afterwards without lifting up with arms from chair. I also experienced edema in my feet and ankles on a trip I took to Colorado Springs. Within a month of finishing the Herceptin treatments, about 90% of the stiffness went away. I was also taking Arimidex and have been taking that now for about 1-1/2 years. I still have some stiffness when getting up, but nothing like the Herceptin experience. It was only when I exercised a lot that I experienced this.

Related Reading: edema | Arimidex

Comment from: louisefig, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 09

2003 diagnosed with HER 2 +, node positive. Mastectomy, Chemo, and Herception for 1 yr. Now 2010, Zero sexual tolerance, Neg for breast cancer/ or any cancer. Lost all my hair off the top of my head, will now need to buy wig. Chemo killed everything, except my soul.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: Dianne, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 12

I had a dbl mastectomy, with IDC/DCIS in one breast only, 2cm tumor, ER/PR weakly positive, grade 3, no nodes, no vascular invasion. No sign of IDC/DCIS in area around tumor. I did 5.5 cycles of Taxotere/Carboplatin with Herceptin for one year. I am assuming that surgery alone would take care of this monster but I did the chemo/herceptin anyway because of the her2 positive - I am 3+. I have 2 more herceptins to go. Basically I feel fatigued and have sleep problems. Heart is holding up at 70% -echocardiogram every 3 months. I would really like to know if 3-6-9 treatments vs one year or 2 years is beneficial? Herceptin has advantages but how is that measured? It is too bad there is no way to tell if herceptin is 'working' in one's blood sample. If it can cause so many short and long term health problems I do believe there should be a way to tell which women it will have a benefit FOR. Maybe some of us need more, or less, of this drug. The only way we know is by not having a recurrence, and many women who are her2 pos, have never had herceptin also never have a recurrence. Seems a bit of a crap shoot. So - are you scientists working on a way to see if herceptin is having the effect it should on an individuals immune system? How did one year become the standard?

Related Reading: tumor | sleep

Comment from: jw, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 29

I have been on Herceptin since Aug of 2007. I feel confident that it is going to work for me and the side effects are worth it. I have experieced fatique,weight gain and overall soreness in my legs. These could also be from chemo that I finished in December. Can't wait to put all of this behind me!

Comment from: yellow dog 2233, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 24

i have been on iv herceptin for 9 months. i have developed high pitched ringing in my head. i have hypersensitive hearing now, never had any problems before herceptin with my hearing and its really beginning to bother me. have also recently had edema in my left arm. my symptoms seem to have occured suddenly. wondering if anyone can identify with my experience as i am considering stopping tx. am supposed to go for a year. having trouble sleeping as well but doc wont help me with that.

Comment from: SurvivorRunner, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 08

I received Herceptin IV for 17 treatments, over the course of a year from October 2008-October 2009. It was easy to tolerate and I didn't notice any problems taking it at all. I am thankful that it is available for triple positive women like myself.

Comment from: Vonnie, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 24

my body does not react well, to this rx. As i speak right now, I'm in severe muscle and joint pain. I've told the Dr. , however, he denies the reports I tell him. I'm stopping it myself. That is only one side effect, I have more.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 30

I have had a masectomy in Nov 2009 chemo, radiotherapy and will be taking Herceptin until March next year. I find the Herceptin is well tolerated except for joint and bone pain...very severe. I feel like an old lady. However I have been assured that I will improve after I finish treatment. I am very thankful for Herceptin.

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.