Hiprex User Reviews

Hiprex - User Reviews

Hiprex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Hiprex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sharon, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 28

I had frequent UTI's after a Bladder lift was done for Bladder leakage which was incorrectly placed and eventually had to be removed so I would not retain urine. I was on so many doses of antibiotics caused by the mesh lift that I ended up with C Dificile. Finally after surgeries to repair my bladder I was given Hiprex which I have taken faithfully and have not had a UTI in 2 Years. Yes it has a metalic musty taste that you just get used to after a while. I will put up with the taste because I have not had such excellent results from any other product. I have had no side effects from this drug, except a little indigestion in the morning if I do not eat something. You just need to remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day. I wish this drug had been available to me years ago when I struggled constantly with UTI's.

Related Reading: Hiprex | indigestion

Comment from: kendraaa, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 03

I have had good results using this pill--does prevent urinary infections. Over the 3 years I have been taking this, I have gotten a few breakthrough infections---my own fault. I got "sloppy" on occasion and forgot to take an evening dose. Two doses/day are necessary. I learned the hard way.

Comment from: chez, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 10

I have not had UTI in 6 weeks. I have sterted to feel well last 2 weeks. I now think I may have gout in my big toe. Can Hiprex cause gout? I know it works by making the bladder, urine more acid which deters bacteria growth. It will be one week before I can get into the doctors for a diagnosis.

Related Reading: gout

Comment from: mudala1, Female Published: July 01

Medical record indicated skin rash sensitivity to formaldehyde. Urologist prescribed Hiprex. Pharmacist dispensed the medication. There was no mention of problems for formaldehyde sensitive patients in the printed instructions provided with the prescription. Developed severe burning on urination-thought another urinary tract infection. Urine culture negative. Personal online search disclosed the problems for formaldehyde sensitive persons. Much better once Hiprex stopped.

Related Reading: rash | urinary tract infection

Comment from: dianne, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 25

once my mum commenced on hiprex she has not had a UTI since she has had no need to take antibiotics

Comment from: Leanne, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 24

After years of bladder problems including frequency urinating and rashes, I feel that I am almost cured. I was diagnosed after years of problems by a new dr with a bladder infection. I still have 4 months of tablets to take. I had improvement of my syptoms within a week.

Related Reading: bladder infection

Comment from: cherry93, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 03

I have been plagued with UTI's since I was fourteen. I do exactly everything that a doctor would recommend to prevent UTI's, and still I have gone through five different kinds of antibiotics in three years because the bacteria had become so resistant after each infection. It was absolutely infuriating and very, very inconvenient. After a particularly bad spell with seven UTI's in five months (for absolutely no reason as I wasn't even sexually active at the time!) I decided to start Hiprex twice daily. I have been taking it for three months now and the difference is unbelievable. While still taking precautions such as wearing cotton underwear, wiping front to back, and avoiding tights or restrictive clothing, I've been UTI-free pretty much since I started. I recommend taking the tablets with a glass or cordial or juice as the tablet's aftertaste is definitely not pleasant. Out of habit now my fluid intake is about six to eight glasses each day to supplement the Hiprex and I take probiotic supplements every second or third day to encourage healthier bacteria growth. All in all, this product has definitely helped!

Comment from: Sharon, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 16

I had a long history of frequent UTI's after a Bladder lift with mesh which started 4 yrs of problems and surgeries I was prescribed Hiprex and I had immediate reduction of UTI's. In 4 yrs I have only 2 confirmed infections. It is important to let Labs and doctors know you are taking HIP prior to testing for UTI since you can get a false negative result while on this drug.