Horizant User Reviews

Horizant - User Reviews

Horizant User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Horizant sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Wels, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 25

I've slept better. However, my mental clarity has been Afected in the mornings. Don't think as clearly as normal. Kinda a druggy afterefect. Lasts into the late mornings. My wife has noticed my attitude has changed a bit my driving is different. I'm looking for another avenue to help me slep.

Comment from: AnneNC, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

Prescribed for restless legs, and it is working (so far) very well! 2 weeks into it, so it's a little early yet, but the results so far are very encouraging. I'm actually able to go to sleep and stay asleep through the night. Major change from pacing the floor for hours at night. Little grogginess, some dizziness in the morning, but that beats the heck out of only getting 1-2 hours of sleep at a time, with nightly totals of 3.5 to 6 every night!

Related Reading: sleep | dizziness

Comment from: NCKate, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

Taking for RLS about a month. Mixed results, as some nights it works great; others I'm pacing the floor again. I go back for my check up in the morning, and I'm anxious to go over this inconsistency in results. When it works, it's awesome - SO nice to be able to sleep for more than an hour or so at a time before being forced out of bed to pace!

Comment from: Jene, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 06

Has effectively stopped uncontrollable movements caused by extreme Restless Legs Syndrome. Before using Horizant, RLS seizures were extreme throughout entire body. Side effects of dizziness, etc. disappeared after a couple of days. I can now sleep, which the RLS previously prevented.

Related Reading: Horizant

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 27

85% relief from restless legs. Leaves me a little dopey in the morning but that seems to clear up by the time I leave ir work

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

Did not work at all for my restless leg. Made me more tired than I normal.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

Horizant was prescribed for me after Ambien CR no longer kept me asleep. In the past I'd also tried Ambien, Rozerem, and Trazadone.

Related Reading: Ambien CR | Ambien | Rozerem

Comment from: Arl629@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

night sweats changes of clothing 5 x

Comment from: Ajoness, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 22

This was prescribed for off-label use to help with night sweats. It has been an answered prayer for me. Night sweats have stopped. I can sleep through the night. Label said take at 5pm but I was very groggy the next day. So, I take it at 3pm & this works for me. Previously, night sweats made it impossible to sleep for any length of time -- waking up every 1-2 hours.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: mabellwft1, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 19

Has caused extreme movement in my legs to the point that I have not slept since I have taken the drug. Has increased my RLS instead of helped it. Have stopped taking it.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 02

extremely expensive!