Humalog User Reviews

Humalog - User Reviews

Humalog User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Humalog sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 01

Have been taking two insulins (Lantus) and Humalog now for three years. The Humalog is with meals and the dosage depends on what my blood sugar reading is before I take it. At diagnosis, my A1C was 13.2 and now is 6.0. Both insulins have been a life saver for me. I've been using the pen form and it is so easy to use.

Related Reading: Lantus | Humalog

Comment from: campbaker, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 01

i have been a diabetic since 1969 when i was 32. this insulin replaced R insulin for me, it is wonderful in its speed, i am a chef, my life is centered around my meter & my shots & keeping myself balanced. my a1c reading last was a 5.6 was a testimonial to what i have written. i try to follow my diet,people can't understand when i spit out what i taste, like a sommelier,for me the taste is the important thing. that to achieve that, is what, i exist for.I mix my humalog with NPH for long lasting control. i take 2 or3 shots a day,depends on my self control.take the shotsit is nothingtoo be afraid of, as some people are.

Comment from: Penny Leavitt, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 30

I use Humalog with Lantus. The Lantus pretty much controls my blood sugars, but I do use the Humalog about once a day. I've been very satisfied with the results.

Comment from: Zolar1, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 01

I use Humalog as a 'correction' medication. Basically this means when my blood sugars are higher than usual, I bolus the dosage to bring levels back down. My first time using it was last night when my 2 hour postprandial blood sugars jumped to 279. Within an hour after taking a shot, I dropped to 78. An hour and a half after that I was at 74. I am EXTREMELY impressed as to how good this works for me. Only needed 3 units too. Don't care for the 12mm needle. Will try the 8mm needle next time I am higher than usual. I am hoping that between my diet and exercise, coupled with the Humalog, I can get even better blood sugars. My last A1c about a week ago was 5.3, and that was with several spikes into the 200+ range, using diet and exercise alone. My goal is under 5.0 (4% club). With this medication, I can vary my diet so it's not so boring, and not be forced to vigorously exercise as much to bring down blood sugars. I am wondering something though: Will I gain weight? Lose weight? Or maintain my weight when using any form of insulin? Don't get me wrong. I am not opposed to 'paying the piper' (AKA exercising) after I eat. I have a lot of trouble fitting the needed time in to do it, and an even harder time getting back down to normal after a 200+ spike, using diet and exercise. I generally have no trouble lowering my BS if I am 160-180 range, or less. My fasting blood sugars are usually perfectly normal. I can see some semblance of a life now that I have this medication. I won't do pills for my diabetes treatment as my blood sugars are usually well controlled. Seems heat & humidity (or a nap after eating) spikes me highly. I really hope & pray that the endo will continue letting me have this medication. I like it better than Humulin R which is slower. Maybe get Humulin R for long digesting carbs like Dreamfields, and Humalog for the 'eat-N-go' carbs. I'm not one to want meds of any kind, but this one really works for me!

Related Reading: diabetes | Humulin R

Comment from: Dave, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 29

I've been on insulin only for a few months now. I take 25 units of Lantus once a day and Humalog, as needed. Lantus works, but Humalog is a waste of money and effort. Ten units of Humalog lowers the sugar by 10 points. I've been taking as much as 30-40 units with dinner alone over a 2-3 hours span, and still having a hard time keeping it under 200. What I would like to know if anybody knows the danger of overdosing on Humalog? Are there any negative effects on the other organs? Clearly, it does not do me any good using Humalog. I just wish my doctor would see that and stop insisting on it. Perhaps I should change the doctors.

Comment from: ?, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 28

Humalog worked well for about a year but it is not working as well now.

Comment from: greatgramj, 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 04

was told lantus would be one shot a day and it is if i use 3 shots a day with humalog. feel like a human pin cushion. also take metformin twice a day. seems like a lot of medicine and my average tests show around 156.

Comment from: Cindy, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 15

I have been a type 1 diabetic for 25 yrs. I take Humalog at every meal and then Lantus at bedtime. I do have great results as long as I'm not sick, stressed, the weather doesn't change....ect. Humalog works great when everything in your life is working great to.

Diabetes