Humalog User Reviews

Humalog - User Reviews

Humalog User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Humalog sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: artsgal, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 21

I have a hard time with the dialing parts of the pen. It jams up on me sometimes. I like my lantus pen better. Easier to use.

Comment from: Grammy64, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 28

I've noticed that the bladder used in the Humalog vial is very thick. I have bent several needles trying to insert them into the vial. Can't find an answer anywhere. Hope someone has an answer for me.

Comment from: Duke, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

Eyes! It's the eyes! Metformin blinded me--distorted view, severe photophobia. Glipizide did the same, with the addition of angina. Dropped those for a couple months. Eyes still not so good, but better than with Metformin or Glipizide. Now Humalog, 1 unit, under 200,0r 2 units over 200, with meals. One week later I'm having a hard time even reading this enlarged print. Safe dariving speed on open highway is 40mph or less. Eyes can't respond to light changes, everything in sunlight all washed out, sky white. These drugs lowered my blood sugar but this is one hell of a high price to pay for it. I keep looking on the net for reference to these eye problems and can't find anything except "blurry vision" once in awhile. Before these drugs, with my high blood sugar, I could see, with corrected lenses, perfectly. Had trifocals, and don't like those, but they worked. Now, they're useless and I have to use 2X reading glasses to read anything. TV pictures dim, without detail unless I'm right up on the screen. What the heck is this all about? Am I the only person having this kind of trouble. No help from doctors. Opthalmologists just want to laser my eyes or inject experimental drugs. What a way to go....

Related Reading: angina

Comment from: none, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 22

I have been type 1 since 1969, I was 5. Insulin has come a long way. I like humalog but it works too fast, I am a registered nurse and if I take it at work and something happens like a code for example, I hit the floor if I can't eat within a few minutes of injecting. I prefer the plain old R over the Humalog only for this reason. My last A1c was 5.7.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 28

For about a year this med worked well -- now it is not working -- i have increased the dosage with not very good results.

Comment from: John29325, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 18

Found out late in life that I was a diabetic, started out with Metformin and then quickly moved to pen form insulin. I hated having to do the four times a day shots along with six times a day finger pricks. My doctor suggested I think about using an insulin pump. I went to the required classes for the pump and got it. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I use about 200 units of humalog every other day. The average hourly dose is around 2.65 units. All I have to keep up with now is watching what I eat, and about twice a day finger sticks.

Comment from: thylawyer, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 18

I test my blood sugar before or after eating, and before bed. I often eat very little after breakfast until suppertime. I take Humalog only. I was taking Lantus, but it was not going to be covered by my Part D and I could not afford it on my own. I did not notice any difference in my glucose or my A1c.

Comment from: trarpx, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

sometimes can't ever inject enough even though eating habits haven't changed from when I don't use nearly as much.

Comment from: jen, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I am finding that my sugar levels have dropped greatly. I couldn't keep them under 200 and now my average is 120s. this has been a life saver for me.

Comment from: JD, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 04

Humalog works far better than my previous R insulin because it works more quickly. With R, I would inject just before a meal but would get post parandial highs that gave me a headache. It took 2.5 to 3 hours for R to start working. With Humalog, onset almost always cooincides with digestion so I get a better experience. I also end up with far fewer episodes of low blood sugar on Humalog than with R. My A1C has been in the low 6's since I started with Humalog where they had been in the low 7's with R.

Related Reading: headache