Humira User Reviews

Humira - User Reviews

Humira User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Humira sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 01

Humira is the best thing that ever happened to my RA. When I first got diagnosed two years ago, I could barely walk and was in debilitating, constant pain. I was 33 and felt like this disease was stealing my life. Enter Humira and poof--I'm in remission, very active, and can do anything, and no pain! My inflammation is completely gone! It does sting badly upon injection, for which my rheumetologist recommended 1) taking it out of the fridge 1/2 hour before injection to let it come to room temperature 2) icing the injection site first and 3) go very s l o w! Seriouslt, count to 30 as you inject and breathe slowly and deeply. That makes it more manageable. For all the pain and my fear of needles, and the expense (still pricey even with insurance), it's totally worth it. Humiora gave me back my mobility and my quality of life.

Related Reading: Humira

Comment from: Kerry, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 09

I have been on HUMIRA for over a year, injected every two weeks. It is taken in combination with methotrexate. I am very satisfied with the results, no more joint swelling or pain in some time now. I just wonder what the long term effects will be.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

Medication burns during injection. Helpful to numb the injection site (with ice pack) and let Humira warm up for 30 minutes first. Excellent results so far for Crohn's remission.

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: ruthielee2@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 12

4 years ago i could not walk without a cane and was using a motor scooter to get around at the age of 51 i could not dress myself and could not fix myself something to eat but with the help of my dr. and humira now i am walking and cooking and back to work and i so thankful for this shot i am told i will be taking it the rest of my life and if that is the case i am so ready to give myself a shot every 15 days

Comment from: pmaleport, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 19

I was 80% covered with plaque psoriasis with mild arthritis in knees and shoulders. I started taking Humira in Aug 06 and by Christmas my psoriasis was 100% clear. By Spring my joint pain was gone and I began to play raquetball again at age 50. Humira has been a miracle cure for me. No side effects or even a cold for the past year and a half. I have no problem giving myself the shot as long as I warm the medication to room temp. I only wish it was more affordable so people without insurance could get some relief.

Related Reading: psoriasis | arthritis

Comment from: Crohns Pro, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 11

Use to take Remicade double doses every 4wks - built up an antibody to it because it is not humanized like Humira - now take 40mg every week for fistulizing Crohns and it has been VERY effective - From 5 fistulas to an occasional 1 . A mini MIRACLE in a shot!! Though tough sometime to take the shot everyweek (they hurt a bit after awhile, but I found if you numb the area with ice for a couple minutes it really helps!!) - WELL WORTH the couple minutes of pain. In the 15 years that I have had Crohns, I was in the hospital at least 2 times a year for at least 7-10days - Since Humira I have not been in the hosiptal once! The BEST of I felt in YEARS! Thanks to HUMIRA!

Related Reading: Remicade

Comment from: hmkelley, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 17

Very satisfied with the relief I've had since starting Humira in 2003. I'd been treated with many other meds before Humira and couldn't handle the side effects(especially Remicade). The only problem I've had was developing a sinus infection after getting a cold two years in a row. The sinus infection was severe and difficult to treat due to antibiotics not being effective while taking Humira. Has anyone else experienced this?

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 29

The Humira has done wonders for me. I just wish they had it in pill form.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options