Humira User Reviews

Humira - User Reviews

Humira User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Humira sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kandy1216, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I developed pneumonia while on this drug--and I had the pneumonia shot a year earlier. I don't know if this drug caused it or not. I have RA and I could barely walk before taking this medication and now I can run!

Related Reading: pneumonia

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

I have only done the induction dose (4 shots) and oh my did they hurt. I didn't have a problem with the actual needle just the actual pushing in the meds. I will definitely follow advice of others for my next injection and let it get to room temp and ice down the site. The pain will be worth it if this drug works. No reactions or side effects so far.

Comment from: Anthony, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 02

I went onto Humira after building resistance to Remicade. In 2 years on the treatment I had Shingles reoccurance and nervous system reaction. I have since changed GI docs and have been removed from Humira treatment. I advise great caution to others to weigh the high risk vs. benefit.

Related Reading: Shingles

Comment from: Maurita, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 24

Humira is really a great medication! Very effective. My problem is having to inject myself every two weeks. It's just hard for me. The medication has a little "sting" to it going in, and it is very expensive (thank God for insurance). I did develop rashes on my thighs and hand, but nothing serious. My only question is, what is the long term effect Humira?

Comment from: MildredPennington, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 18

My problem with ease of use is that I'm not a big fan of needles, but I get it done. I would NOT recommend the pen. That's enough to give a woman like me knightmares for a week! Humira on a whole has been a Godsend for me. A few side effects but nothing to write home (or my doc)about. Certainly nothing to the degree of needing to discontinue use. I DO NOT take with Methotrexate and I'm doing just fine without it.

Comment from: on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 22

A miracle - I'm now taking tap dance lessons at agae 67. After taking for 3 years, went into remission, have not taken for 9 months now & feel great. My Dr said that sometimes Humira will put RA into remission

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 17

I hate shots- but worth it b/c my stomach felt 100%. However, the reactions on the injection site was pretty crazy-Would last about 10 days (they did not hurt just itched)

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 03

Have been using for 2 years along with methotrexate. Flairups still sometimes occur, usually in shoulders. I'm a smoker, therefore full effectivness of drug is probably supressed. Drug was once perscribed to me in an "automatic injectible pen" form...didn't like the system at all and have returned to the manual injection. Overall, this seems to be an effective medication for RA pain control.

Comment from: Ally, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 10

Hello, I was diagnosed with RA when I was 28 I'm now 33. This is a horrible disease and I wish there was more awareness. Most people don't realize how different RA is from Arthritis. It took 5 months before Humira started working for me. It allows me to do simple things like walk, get up from chairs, and do small things around the house. I am far from normal on this drug but I don't know that any drug would put me where a normal 33 year old would be. I take the 40mg shot weekly not the normal every two weeks. I got pneumonia for the first time in my life over the winter. I had to take (2) 1 week doeses of Levaquin to get rid of the pneumonia and it took 2.5 months to finally get better because of the Humira. So there are risks involved with all these immune suppressing drugs, but the benefits far out weigh the cons for me. I have to be able to walk. I have a 7 year old that has to be taken care of. I pray for a cure for this disease.

Related Reading: Levaquin

Comment from: stasyi, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 21

I've had RA since I was 21 (I'm 36, now). Humira does give a little relief, but not enough to make life enjoyable again. The fatigue, flu-like feeling, stomach aches, swelling, joint pain, etc. are all still there. I've tried all of the medications available for RA, and none have worked with any better results. I did come back to Humira, because the side-effects were less with Humira than any other drug. Right now, I only take Humira - nothing with it (like Methotrexate or Arava) mainly because of the side-effects and the fact that they just make me feel worse, not better. All in all, Humira is better than anything else available; it's just not a cure-all. I also must say that taking Humira DID NOT prevent me from having multiple surgeries, so slowing joint damage - I'm not convinced of.

Related Reading: fatigue | flu | Arava