Humira User Reviews

Humira - User Reviews

Humira User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Humira sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: warnbro, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 03

I have been using humira for 4.5 years. I have had no side effects and have foundot very very effective. reduced pain and sewlling,.

Comment from: Chris, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 02

I started taking Humira the first week in November 2009. I broke out with hives at the injection site. I was told to take (oral)Benadryl an hour before my injection and it works. I don't have the problem anymore. Just thought maybe it would help someone out there!

Related Reading: hives | Benadryl

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 07

I've been using Humira for about 3 years now. It has made a remarkable improvement in my condition. The self-injecting pen is more painful than the "regular" shot, but the difference it makes in how I feel, it's very much worth a few seconds of stinging. I only have to use it twice a month. I do use several other medications along with it. It us very expensive but luckily our insurance covers it. Plus, my rheumatologist is great. I highly recommend Humira.

Comment from: krat, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 27

I have come to live with RA for the last 29 years ~ what advances there have been! Initially the only treatment available was Asprin ~ ~ ~ lots & lots of it - like 36 every day...needless to say, once the stomach bleeds started I quit the ASA! Have done almost every NSAID out there - also plaquinil, methotrexate - first oral until dose got too high & since then injectables. About 5-6 yrs ago I started Embrel, got great results for nearly 4 years but the Embrel failed for me...we stepped up to Humira....I have found it effective, but, gads, I have never had a more painful injection!!!! Granted, it does help to remove it from the fridge a bit before; actually, my pharmacy recommended placing it out in the morning & take when returning from work...seems to burn a little less & for a shorter time. As an almost 'lifer' with the RA I only hope that you may have been able to read through this and attain what I have learned...always, always, just ACCEPT, ADJUST & OVERCOME! Just Karen

Comment from: duke, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 20

In my book this is one of the best drugs they came out with. I could hardly walk before taking humira, and within three days I could kick a football.

Comment from: Hopeful, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

This medication has caused numerous Bad Adverse Events. Not even month into my treatment, I began suffocating. I couldn't take deep breaths and was struggling just to get a breath of air. I found a pulmonary specialist who had to prescribe me Oxygen, he found that my body wasn't getting the Oxygen it needed. I am currently on prescribed Oxygen tanks and an Oxygen producing machine, which I have been using for eight months now. I also began to get tiny water blisters all over my body that itch. My endocrine system has been affected as well. I now have a Cortisol deficiency that cannot be linked to anything specific, other than the medication. My muscles jitter and cannot be controlled. When I was on the Humira, I would lose function of my legs and would collapse frequently. I suggest that anyone who has any minor issues, keep in mind that they may become severe issues once this treatment begins. Make sure that your doctor does a full work up and health history report, before you consider taking this dangerous medication. This isn't like taking Acetaminophen. This works for some and can kill or permanently damage another. I am only 28 years old and have experience two lifetimes of troubles. Please be careful.

Comment from: bennca, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 05

I've been on this medication 9 mos now. On the plus side there is an absence of pain the majority of time. On the minus side I've experienced serious GI problems, w/ pain, cramps, and diarreah. As well, the 1st 6 mos I had a dry, persistant cough which seems to have let up now; but the big noticible difference is the unrelentless fatigue I've experienced.

Related Reading: cough

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options