Hyalgan User Reviews

Hyalgan - User Reviews

Hyalgan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Hyalgan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Carol, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 09

After two knee surgeries, several therepy session and years of pain, my Dr. injected my knees with Hyalgan. I was shocked as to how much it helped. I am almost knee-pain free for up to six months. I have continued with these injections every six months over the past 3 years. It sure beats surgery.

Related Reading: Hyalgan

Comment from: Bill, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

This treatment was administered one year ago with the prospect that it would last that long, and has given me relief up until now - almost exactly one year. It was easily administered, albeit sometimes painfully but the results were good. Now, if they could just get it to last longer.

Comment from: dmda, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 21

Previously used only 3 injections, this time used 5. Much better results. Also tried others on the market with no relief. Hyalgan has worked best by far.

Comment from: nelsena1, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

My experience is the side affects. Before the injections I had mild leg pain from my hip down to my toes, now, it takes me an half of an hour to get out of bed. Once I'm out of bed takes another half hour to move my legs. For the rest of the day my legs are extremely painful, a lot of burning, feelings like bugs crawling and electricity running through my legs. This medication has affected my lower back (lumbar), even though I have herniated and arthritic conditions but this stuff has increased the pain and now my days is like living in a furnace. I have told my doctors but they think I'm crazy or it might be my lumbar has gotten worse, so I'm going for another MRI. These doctors at the VA hospital have been treating me for some seventeen plus years. Please see if there are any other cases where people have the same side affects as I describe. Please contact me at nelsena1@yahoo.com.

Comment from: Peggy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 13

The first two injections were extremely painful as the fluid went into my knee joint but the pain stopped immediately when the needle came out. The third to fifth injections were tolerable. The knee pain lessened the first week and now, 2 months later is totally gone and function much improved. Definitely worth it!

Related Reading: knee pain

Comment from: kneeanitis, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 01

I have no meniscus and my synovial sacs were removed (dry knee). This is like WD-40 for my knee.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 14

For me it's like getting new knees. Immediate pain relief. My knees bend again. I can now lay my leg flat in bed. Well worth the discomfort of the injection itself.

Comment from: freddiemac, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 07

To Nelsenal@yahoo.com: You are not crazy. My pain went from my knee to my hip. I had one shot of Hyalgan. I experienced the same side effects as yourself. Constant burning, horrible leg cramps and ongoing knee pain sometime severe enough to make me sob and cry. I could not sleep well at night because of these effects which put me in a state of fatigue Also, it slowed down my thought processes.giving the appearance of dementia. I hope this helps you as much as your report helped me realizing I was not alone.

Related Reading: sleep | fatigue | dementia

Comment from: Happycooker09, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 22

Hyalgan works great! It lasts for at least six months! I have not had any reactions to the Hyalgan. I have gotten injections every six to eight months! It is a God send! The shots are not bad at all. After shots no bruising and I have never iced my knee. Synvisc doesn't give the same results!

Related Reading: Synvisc

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options