Hyalgan User Reviews

Hyalgan - User Reviews

Hyalgan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Hyalgan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Judy, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 24

I've been receiving these injections for 5 years. I had been going every six months, but now let a year go by this time. I recommend every six months. I found the series of 3 works as well as the five.

Comment from: Rickswife1, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 20

Today was my 4th injection of a series of 5. Anyone thinking about getting the injections, ice and relax afterward. My doctor said normal activity was fine but my knee swells up like a balloon for a couple hours after the shots. 36 hours later and I have more movement than I have in years. Worth it in the long run so far.

Comment from: SISSY OSBORN, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

I WAS IN PAIN FOR THREE MONTHS, NOTHING HELPED. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK ALL OF THAT TIME. I STARTED MY FIRST SHOTS THREE WEEKS AGO MY PAIN STOPPED AFTER TO FIRST SHOT. I GO BACK TO WORK AFTER THREE SHOTS AND FEEL GREAT.

Comment from: Artist444, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 10

I could hardly walk any more before these injections. My knees hurt like toothaches. I got these 5 injections in both knees and the improvement was remarkable. My left knee is pain free and my right knee which is in worse shape is much better. Everyone who knows me has seen the improvement-I walk so much better than before. I went to a convention a few weeks ago and was on my feet most of the day. There is no way I could have done that before the injections.

Comment from: Joy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 14

After my 1st injection, my knee got so swollen and stiff, I couldn't bend it. It hurt, and I said never again. The next week, my Dr said to try 1 more. I really iced it down for hours and stayed off it. So far so good, 2 days later. I was told it was an allergic reaction, but I think it was also because I went shopping after and didn't ice it. I will continue unless the swelling and pain return.

Comment from: Jeanne, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 23

After first injection, my leg felt heavy and I had to drag it, I had to walk on my toes with the right leg, and it wasn't injected. With the second injection, every weak spot in my body lit up like it was a neon sign. Ever since both knees have felt worse, I have noticed increased pain in my spine, and I have really low engery. I saw two other othropeadic doctors, they both agreed I've had a reaction to the drug. The administering physican tells me I wouldn't have that reaction. Also right after getting the second injection, my feet itched so bad I thought I was going to scratch them off. They would turn purple with scratching. I'm wondering what to do, and if it will ever leave my system or am I going to have to live with it now. The second injection was not given to me in the joint, but in the front of the knee, causing me to believe that maybe I had irritated the doctor with my questions. Also, by the time night came my left knee was swollen twice it's normal size and had three gold-ball size lumps on it.

Comment from: TinaBikeFall, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 19

Recently completed my 2nd series of Hyagan-5 week/1 injection per week. Relief noticed after 4th injection. Will start another series in 6 months. I have found it to be atleast 90% effective.It is costly, even with insurance. So far, I am satisfied with the results.

Comment from: Judy, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 08

I have gotten the 5 shot seried for at least 8 years. My insurer would only authorize again after 9 mos from last shot. So I usually get the round once a year. It doesn't make me an athlete but it certainly returns the quality of life I want to have. I am usually pain free unless I strenously exert.

Comment from: Snaffle, 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 31

I was severely crippled. Could barely walk. Started the 5 series injection. 2 days after the 5th inj. I had relief. I kept having improvement. I am now totally pain free in my knee - it is a miracle for me. I had to have people get me out of my car when I arrived at work, could not bear weight & suffered so much. But it took all 5 injections until I got any relief.

Comment from: iabar, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 23

I had a terrible reaction. The hyalgan rolled out of the joint. The shaft where it contects to the head of the bone is eaten away so there are chucks missing!!! I have to keep it wrapped just to bear weight with the use of a cane. I have stress fractures as well. Now I have to go to travel to get a knee replacement. A few months prior to the injection they did an MRI just about a year later the bone has jagged edges as though it was bitten out to tear threw the tissue. THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCE I HAVE EVER USED. I will be contacting the FDA.

Related Reading: stress

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options