Hyalgan User Reviews

Hyalgan - User Reviews

Hyalgan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Hyalgan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Dave, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 09

Doctor told me that if the hyalgan did not work my only alternative was knee replacement. Received the series of 3 injections in May and I had no issues with pain from, during or after the injection. While I stll hear a lot of the noise from the knee (popping and grinding), there has been little pain and no swelling since then so this treatment has really made a huge difference. It is now September and I am starting to see some of the pain slowly start to return - but the treatment was only suppose to last 6 months so that's to be expected. Overall my experience with this medication has been excellent.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 03

After undergoing arthroscopy surgery to repair torn meniscus, pain in knee was worse than prior to surgery. Doctor attributed pain to progressive arthritis. Underwent 5 injection series in December 2010. Have only experienced slight improvement. Knee flexibility has improved slightly and pain has been slightly reduced. I still have a hard time climbing stairs and walking without a severe limp. In summary this treatment was not very effective in my case.

Related Reading: torn meniscus | arthritis

Comment from: Cal 61, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

I received three injections over the course of 6 weeks at the VA. Injections were painful for several days afterwards. After the third injection I began having having severe pain and swelling in the left knee joint. Gross swelling appeared above the knee to the size of a football from a possible leak in knee tissue/surrounding membrane. Subsequent MRI revealed a tear in the menismous in the left knee. I endured 2 very painful aspirations of the left knee procedures, with nearly 1 liter of fluid taken off the first time and nearly 2 liters of fluid removed the second treatment. I am now scheduled for a total knee replacement in May.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

Has gave some relief from a surgery. Injections painful and caused bruising. did cause a significant amount of stomach distress,burning about hour after injections,and mild upset during the five weekly injections. not so sure the painful shots were worth the minor improvement.

Comment from: Traycee313, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 02

I had the series of 5 injections of this. I now have worse pain in my knees than ever before. Plus getting the injections hurt terribly. I wouldn't reccomend this.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 14

After the first series of 3 shots, my knee did feel somewhat better. I seemed to have a wider mobility base then before the shots. After about a month, the feeling better quickly wore off. I have been receiving the shots on a bi-annual basis but the time of better feeling after the shots is about a week. After 5 sets, my doctor told me that it is time for a knee replacement.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options