Hycodan User Reviews

Hycodan - User Reviews

Hycodan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Hycodan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 26

I have used this for years in the winter when I have a hacking cough that won't let me sleep. The only time I take it is before bed and I have found that as little as 1/4 teaspoon works without the other side effects.

Related Reading: cough | sleep

Comment from: irishamy20, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 27

Worked immediately for my bad cough. Also took away muscle cramps. Had a little bit of a sore tummy but it went away within half an hour.

Related Reading: muscle cramps

Comment from: jojotillie1@msn.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 09

have bronchitis, coughing until chest raw took care of cough and helped me to sleep through the night and get rest

Comment from: handpc, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

I had a really bad cough and it was hurting to breathe. This medicine is wonderful. I've noticed that some people aren't sleeping while taking it, but it's knocking me out. I couldn't possibly take this and work.

Comment from: JACK2150, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

Stopped my cough, and I didn't gag on the taste. Medicine is not supposed to taste good... however this was not at all bad!

Comment from: Jperryprincess, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

Second bout with pneumonia in the last 3 months. was given this after the perles made me worse. It controlled the cough to let the antibiotics work. Not drowsy, but not wired either. Thankful for the cough relief, better then the codeine syrup if you have sensitive stomach

Related Reading: pneumonia

Comment from: bmd1013, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 27

this drug worked 30 seconds after i took my 1st dose,i was coughing two days non stop my whole body was weaken and this drug did the the trick.

Comment from: tkjp12, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

stop the night time cough immediately but drug is highly addictive

Comment from: none, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 09

i have been taking this for 3 days with no relief from my cough. i guess i am the weird one.

Comment from: alexaw, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

This medication is very effective for suppressing a cough. It may cause trouble sleeping, so take it a couple of hours before bedtime.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 24

besides the fact of not being covered by my insurance this medication was effective and wasn't too horrible to swallow.

Comment from: ldg621, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 06

Anti-cough effect seemed to wear off too soon and I was dealing with another bout of coughing until time for the next dose.

Comment from: Nikki2316, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

Works great - dr prescribed for bronchitis - used for daytime and Tussionex for nighttime - does make me a little shaky - but nothing I couldn't deal with to stop the cough

Related Reading: Tussionex

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.