Hycodan User Reviews

Hycodan - User Reviews

Hycodan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Hycodan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Renee, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 14

I was just released from the hospital - diagnosed with Pneumonia & Histoplasmosis a fungal infection in my righ lung. I had a lung biopsy a few days ago and due to severe caughing the area in my lung where the biopsy was taken keeps getting aggrivated which causes me to cough up blood. My lung dr. said that this is normal after a biopsy and prescribed hydromet syrp & it is working wonderfully. I would recommend this medication to anyone with a serious cough.

Related Reading: Histoplasmosis

Published: December 05

It helped with the cough but I was wired from it not drowzy. So, no cough but still no sleep.

Comment from: RK, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 18

What started as a slight cough turned into a persistent one that kept me awake. Went to Dr. and actually had bronchitis so I did not have an allergy as I thought. This syrup relieved the cough within 15-20 minutes and eased the muscle pain that I had accumulated over the past few days of hard coughing. Taken as directed the persistent cough is gone but I am still able to expel the by products of the bronchitis without any problem. Very pleased with the outcome.

Related Reading: allergy | muscle pain

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

It knocked my cough out completely! On the other hand I am itchy all over and while it made me feel sleepy I am waking up every 15-20 minutes. This is a great cough medicine and I am disappointed that I will have to discontinue it's use.

Comment from: ioosw@aol.com, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

This medication totally stopped my cough due to a cold, therefore, getting much needed rest at night.

Comment from: Bobbijo411, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 29

HAD A VERY SEVERE DRY COUGH

Comment from: Nocoughnosleep, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

This works great if you don't mind not sleeping. I went for two days not coughing with bronchitis, but also no sleep. I woke up every hour wondering if it was time to get up! I recommend using something different for nighttime.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 23

It was one of the first cough medicines that I didn't have to force myself to swallow because of the bad taste. The only adverse reaction was an itchy nose and a little drowsy feeling. Excellent cough control!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 06

This has worked great for me. I am allergic to codeine and morphine, but not to this, so I can actually get some relief and rest when I have a bad cold.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 10

I was able to get 35 of the regular Hycodan pills. They really assisted my cough which is related to lung metasasis. I have run out of the name brand and learned that only the generic was being made. I've used the generic for several days and find that it DOES NOT work nearly as well as the name brand Hycodan. What to do?

Related Reading: Hycodan

Comment from: bestfriendgin, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 24

it really worked very good for me,and i got a good night sleep.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

Seem to get a persistent cough after a cold. Was prescribed this drug and I take it at night. I can usually sleep for 4-6 hours without waking to cough. After a few days am able to taper to half a pill for a few nights. Easy to take, does make me drowsy.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.