Hydrea User Reviews

Hydrea - User Reviews

Hydrea User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Hydrea sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JUREEN, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 12

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS MEDICATION FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS. NOT SATISFIED. IT LOWERED MY PLATELETS, BUT I WAS SO TIRED I COULDN'T FUNCTION. I STOPPED TAKING THEM. I HAD HEART PALPATATIONS AND BLURRED VISION.

Comment from: DEE11, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

WHILE BEING ON THIS MED ALTHOUGH IT HELPED WITH ENLARGED SPLEEN AND LIVER DUE TO POLYCYTHEMIA VERA MY PLATLETS CRASHED 2X..I FEEL THE NEED TO HAVE MY BLOOD DONE MORE OFTEN 2X MONTH .PRESENTLY ITS BEING DONE 1X MONTH .THIS IS CONSIDERED AN INFREQUENT SIDE EEFECT BUT NONE THE LESS IT IS HAPPENING TO ME

Related Reading: ENLARGED SPLEEN | LIVER

Comment from: Nikki, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 24

This drug caused me too many side effects that I had to stop it.Daily migraines,blurred vision,distorted vision.It was however somewhat effective initially then stopped being effective.

Comment from: GHY3, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 15

Experienced most, if not all, of the side effects, including reaction to drug, coupled with Type R flu. The drug has reduced my red blood cell count, including reducing my white blood cell count to 2500.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: mahcat, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 02

Although I am concerned about the side effects this drug works well for my condition (Et) No side effects

Comment from: EMonte0488, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 07

I have been on this medication (1 capsule a day) since December 2008. I was diagnosed with Myeloperliferative Disease and this is what they put me on to bring my platelets and hemaglobin down. I had acute myelogeneous leukemia 14 years ago. I had a bone marrow transplant then and have been in remission until I developed this disease. The drug has been great in doing what is supposed to do, but I am experiencing some chest pain, confusion and depth-perception difficulty when walking, and chronic lower back and spinal pain that affects my every day living. I have been on a week break from the medicine and my back pain is almost completely gone. My confusion is still there but I think it's getting better. My depth-perception is still there and off at times, but not as bad.

Related Reading: leukemia | chest pain

Comment from: phinai, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 23

For lowering my high blood platelets. I take 1 capsule 2x a week, and the last time I took it caused me to become very tired that it kept me going to sleep and kept me waking up through the night because it was exhausting my breath. I was running out of breath and then woke me up so many times to catch up with breathing.I got scared and fought myself against sleeping until the side effects wore off. I went to sleep at 5 am. I've been taking this medication for couple of years now, but I wonder if this is a delayed side effect of the drug on me.

Comment from: buzzard, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 26

I have minor side effects. Red pigment under my skin, tiredness sometimes.

Comment from: arwen.1959@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 10

I have a Essential Thrombocythemia and i'm taking Hydroxyurea for over ten years now.With daily Aspirin.So far i'm having no problems and happy with my doctor and very thankful.

Comment from: blessed, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 05

My platelet count was over 900,000. Taking 500 mg Hydrea /day lowered platelets to about 500,000 Side effects: tired, small dark spots on tongue. It seems that my doctor has to keep increasing my dosage. Every time I read the label on the medicine bottle that says the drug is toxic and to wash hands after touching even the bottle, I get concerned. I cannot imagine having to take this for the rest of my life. I am thinking about switching to Anagerlide because it is not connected to a risk of developng cancer. However it does have other bothersome side effects.

Related Reading: cancer