Hytrin User Reviews

Hytrin - User Reviews

Hytrin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Hytrin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: momsuits@aol.com, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 04

My husband died after taking 2 doses of hytrin. The doctor never asked if he had low blood pressure. He had a stroke and died within a month.The Dr. did not take my husbands blood pressure before giving him the sample pack.The only instructions were ( take one at bedtime every day until sample is gone)

Related Reading: hytrin | low blood pressure | stroke

Comment from: myomy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 02

Since starting taking this medication I had serious vision problems, liquid & weight retention, respiratory & cardio distress. About six days ago this medication very nearly killed me because of fainting and falling off a roof. This medication should be banned, it is extremely dangerous.

Related Reading: fainting

Comment from: Galileo1962, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 24

Hytrin was the first blood pressure medicine that worked for me, without unacceptable side effects. The generic is extremely cheap, too--$4 per month at WalMart without even using my insurance.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 14

Prescribed for prostate/urinary issues. Lightheadedness, low energy, and sinus congestion were some of the side effects I experienced. The cost of the side effects outweight the benefits for me... I'm through with Hytrin.

Comment from: beverly, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 09

My husband 20 min.s after taking his first dose, of his new script @pm only. Dropped to the floor, as if he were shot in the head, he just dropped. This drug needs to be taked off the market, and I'm sure others as well.

Comment from: centrider, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 22

I've been taking hytrin since, gosh since it was approved for BPH. I take it before bed. I take lisinopril for BP in the morning. I've found that the Terazosin is very effective. I'm 74, ride 150+ miles/week on a bike, do cross state bike rides (Kansas, for example).In short, my, "life style" would be severely restricted if my BPH was untreated.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 19

It makes my legs swell and ache if I dont get to sleep right away!

Comment from: Brooks, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 18

I am 81 and have used 2 mg. generic Hytrin for over two years with excellent results. From three times, I now get up only once at night. I take it about an hour before bed so that any dizzyness is mitigated before dawn. Have had no trouble getting an erection and ejaculating.

Comment from: retiredguy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

Taking 2mg dose before bed time for 4 months has somewhat improved urination symptoms (frequency, urgency) and dropped my blood pressure from borderline hypertensive to low normal. No other side-effects after the first two days (some dizziness after first two doses).

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 23

I have had vision and sinus problems and now am experiencing no sexual desire and a limp erection! this medication is not for me. i am going to try vitamin and herbs for this condition. have heard they work wonderfully without the side effects!

Related Reading: sexual