Imitrex Injection User Reviews

Imitrex Injection - User Reviews

Imitrex Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Imitrex Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 28

not to fond is sticking myself in the stomach. but it works wonders

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 11

Didn't really get rid of my pain but my head didn't get any worse either? Left me feeling awful for more than a couple hours. Felt sick to my stomach, hot, flushed, chest was heavy, some pain in neck and jaw and basically miserable and uncomfortable, not sure if the feeling after the shot is worth it or not, but I will try it again next time I feel an attack coming on.

Comment from: fludgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 08

it dnt work for me. i have to have surgery. my migrains coused by a tumor

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: happy4relief, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 13

I have tried Imitrex pills and nasal spray and do not recommend either. The pill did not do anything for me and the nasal spray replaced my headache with a horrible taste in my mouth that made me sick and lasted for 2 days. The injection, however, is AMAZING! Within minutes pain is gone. The flushing and temporary tightness in my throat was a little scary until I read that it's typical and usually subsides quickly. It is totally worth 15 minutes of slight discomfort to reclaim the rest of your day. The injections are a little awkward and one time mine shot out all over the floor when I removed it from the cartridge. It almost made me cry when I was so looking forward to getting rid of the pain. It only happened once though and I still highly recommend Imitrex injections for migraine sufferers. It's a wonder drug in my book!

Related Reading: Imitrex | headache | migraine

Comment from: Dezzit, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 24

I've suffered from clusters for about 10 yrs before discovering Imitrex Subq. It was like, where have you been all my life! Even the pills didn't work for me. The small needle is nothing compared to the time my clusters last and relief comes very quickly. As was said in previous post, the needle is small, there is a slight burning and a flush feeling then aftwards pure relief. So I as long as you aren't alergic I'd recommend it.

Comment from: Angel, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

I was hesitate to use an injection but the nasal spray was AWFUL. The needle is VERY small. The sensation was like getting the flu shot....it burns for a few seconds. I felt a flushed for about 10-15 minutes afterwards. My headache was gone almost instantly.

Related Reading: flu | burns

Comment from: bigdcroxton, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 18

Watch out for a spike in your blood pressure, this happened once for me but it was managed.

Comment from: mahinahoku, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 13

I suffered with cluster headaches for over ten years before Imitrex came out, I had to go to the ER everytime I had a headache, and nothing helped. After using Imitrex injection, I thought it was a miracle, in ten minutes my headache was gone. Side effects are nothing compared to the headache. Because I suffer from cluster headaches, they become full blown within five to ten minutes, so I have to use the injections.

Comment from: Wooly Mama, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 25

I agree with most other reviewers who loved this drug, with 1 exception. I use the individual vials with a 28 gauge needle. These are the old style insulin needles. The current 30 gauge are too small for the imitrex to smoothly inject so I have to ask the pharmacy to order them for me. 100 are usually about $30 here. I have taken imitrex since 1994 and LOVE,LOVE, LOVE it. I used to have 5 migraines a month lasting 3 days each. Day 1 was excruciating pain, day 2 was pain and vomiting/dry heaving and day 3 was pain and not giving a darn. I never missed a day of work and with frequent promotions. I did this for 30 years; I didn't know any different life. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if there was Imitrex back then. So you see why I love Imitrex so much. There was a time I had to use the injector-type. I would still use a separate syringe. I would just pull out the plunger, inject directly into the syringe, insert the syringe needle into my abdomen (my preferred place) and carefully put the plunger in and complete the injection. I have even dropped the syringe with the imitrex already in it (liquid gold!) and didn't lose a drop. The viscosity is evidently high enough that it doesn't spill easily and I guess this is also why the new smaller insulin needles don't work particularly well.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.