Imitrex Injection User Reviews

Imitrex Injection - User Reviews

Imitrex Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Imitrex Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: fludgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 23

it takes my migrains away but it takes a while to hit. i take the pills.

Comment from: Smith, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 09

I get 10 or more migraines every month. The imitrex injector is the most effective triptan, always clears the headache in 15-60 minutes. It is especially good when nausea makes taking pills difficult. The injector mechanism is too strong and leaves bruises about 1/3 of the time, but that's a small price for relief!

Related Reading: bruises

Comment from: cperez, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 06

I have been taking Imitrex for 17 years, and it is still working great! I have 1-4 migraines a month, but this medication allows me to BE in the real world and not in bed in the dark and in pain. The only thing that was difficult for me was that the injector seems to 'slam home' the medication. The noise of the spring has made me jolt before and leaft a bruise. I used to have to psych myself up to use it. I actually remove the injection from the auto-injector and use a sterile q-tip for the plunger. I can inject it at a slower and steady rate. I have tried the nose spray and it does taste terrible! You need a strong Altoid or Hall's afterward. It worked just as well for me. The tablet took much longer to work.

Comment from: CNG87, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 24

I have been having severe migraine attacks for about 5 yrs now. I have tried almost everything. When I started using Imitrex (pills) they only worked sometimes which I found my self in hospitals at least twice a month for a "shot" which was the Imitrex but the shot was amazing I was finally prescribed it since it's the only medication that works. Afer about 15 min of the flushing feeling it seems to take away the pain which takes away the sick feeling. Though the shot is a little painful the pain of a migraine is much worse and last longer. It works best at the onset of one and I found if caught soon enough there is not a rebound migraine.

Comment from: pmooreamber, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

Had pain from head to tips of both arms that occured 2-5 minutes after injection

Comment from: susan, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 24

EXCELLENT for what I call "level #2" migraines. My only desire would be an easier injection devise,perhaps one as simple as a lovenox injection. Imitrex is not simple to use and has SO MUCH waste of plastic for the landfill!!!!!

Related Reading: lovenox

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: August 05

Ooooo...I tried this injection twice by my doctor and both times he mixed it with phenergan to subside the nausea that comes with it. The first time it worked okay but the second time, I was sick and it did not work! Can't say I didn't try.

Related Reading: phenergan

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 13

I've been using imitrex for about 6 years now and swear by it. As for the person injecting to stomach - my dr instructed me to inject into fatty part of my leg (below hip). I'm only 140# and have enough fatty tissue there to inject into. Much easier, I'd think. Imitrex relieves my migraine and nausea completely in 5 minutes or less.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.