Imitrex Nasal Spray User Reviews

Imitrex Nasal Spray - User Reviews

Imitrex Nasal Spray User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Imitrex Nasal Spray sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mimz, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 21

I have tried everything and this 20mg spray is the only drug that is not a barbiturate (and therefore causes echo migraines)that works 95% of the time. I will tell you that the taste from the medicine down your throat is awful, but as everyone else said, totally worth it. As an fyi, I have the best luck with it if I take it immediately in the first signs of a migraines. Otherwise, it doesn't always work for me.

Comment from: y2kwgray, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 06

OK...so I just recently found out that if I take my Imitrex nasal spray, along with 2 Aleve that the results are amazing! I used to have migraines that lasted 8-10 hours, and now they are gone within about an hour!

Related Reading: Imitrex nasal spray

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 21

I don't like putting things in my nose, so after suffering for two days with a migraine, I finally used it. Within one hour most symptoms were completely gone and I could rest. Now I use it at the first sign of a severe headache and its gone within 15-20 minutes. Great stuff.

Related Reading: migraine | headache

Comment from: lady10, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

I have suffered from migraines for 15 years. I started useing the spray after the tablets made my stomach upset. Although it did work, I found the spray difficult to use correctly and it left a nasty taste in my mouth. I prefer the shot.

Comment from: Harry301, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

I have suffered from cluster headaches for about twenty years, 30-45 minutes of intense pain waking me up from my sleep, imitrex nasal, and now oxygen, has given me the best results, headaches gone in 5-10 min.

Related Reading: cluster headaches | sleep | imitrex

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 30

I suffer from cluster headaches, Imitrex gave me relief within 20 minutes after use. I use the nasal type and it does leave a bad taste in your throat, but it's far better the suffering the pain of these cluster headaches so I guess I can live with that!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 09

ive NEVER had any medication work for me; not for ANY ailment!!! but this WORKED almost instantly for my cluster-type headache. i could not believe it. it tastes HORRIBLE down the back of your throat, but totally worth it. im in awe. i thought id have to deal with paralyzing facial pain shooting through my vision and across my face forever with no relief. but... this works. i highgly reccomend it.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 12

My eight year old son was given this medication after developing migraines. He was hesitant at first due to the nostril application but after trying it he was so excited because it worked within five minutes. I think it's great for children who may find migraines scary and confusing.

Comment from: Majical, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 05

This has been a miracle for me. After years of suffering migraines, it was finally prescribed. My migraines are accompanied by severe nausea and the nasal spray allows the medicine to stay put. It works for me in 15-20 minutes. There have been rare occasions that it did not work but I now have a different script to use if that is the case. I would not recommend taking more than 1 dose in a day or 4 in a month. It sometimes makes me feel a little "off" or dizzy but it is worth it to not be suffering the migraine pain and the vomiting.

Comment from: DTM, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 29

42 year old male that has had cluster headaches for 10+ years, usually 6 weeks cycles each year. Use 20mg spray when I feel the headache coming on and it often stops it right away. Much better than the pills because of the speed of relief. Often works in 5 minutes. Always have 1 in my car or 2 during the cycles, and stock up over the year from insurance restrictions. Since insurance looks at this as migraine relief they don't consider the cluster sufferer in the same way and will often not cover extra medicine during cluster cycles.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.