Imitrex Nasal Spray User Reviews

Imitrex Nasal Spray - User Reviews

Imitrex Nasal Spray User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Imitrex Nasal Spray sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lasso, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 22

Absolute miracle

Comment from: mgrimms, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 12

I have had migraines for as long as I can remember. This year, I finally went to a doctor because I was tired of my migraines controlling my life. She first gave me the sumatriptan pills (10 mg at first, then 20 mg), but it didn't stop the vomiting. Therefore, I couldn't keep the medicine down long enough for it to start working. So, she prescribed me the nasal spray. When I took the first dose, I was a little worried that I wouldn't take it correctly. The directions made it seem so complicated. I also didn't realize how AWFUL it would taste, so I thought I had taken too many deep breaths or something after inhaling it. It took about 2 hours before my headache was completely gone. The migraine was pretty intense, but I didn't vomit at all, which surprised me. So I think the nasal spray does work. Sure, it's not as easy as the pill, but if it stops the vomiting and completely gets rid of my migraine, I'm happy.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

It took 1 time for me, and it was the worst, i almost ended up in the emergency room , i had a reaction, and my migraine didnt go away.I was numbed all over, couldnt breath my throat was sore and tightness, and the next day a was in pain all over. It was very scary, i would never use this again, i guess everyone has a different reaction to it..

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 06

The Imitrex nasal spray first of all left a nasty taste in my mouth for about a half hour. My migraine was never relieved by the medication. Then to put the cherry on top of it all, it left me with an itch rash all over my face for 2 days! It was not fun or pretty.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Buckshot0857, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 30

The Imitrex Nasal Spray never worked that well for me. I had much better results with either the tablet form or the injection. The spray always left a very bad taste in the mouth.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 24

I tried this and as soon as I sprayed it my throat closed up and I could not breathe.

Comment from: krypton36k, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 16

Leaves an awful taste but usually works well. However, I find it difficult to make sure I always have one with me.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 30

Amazingly effective in 1-2 hours.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.