Imitrex User Reviews

Imitrex - User Reviews

Imitrex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Imitrex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: umbersiii , 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 02

Imitrex works! within 20 minutes the pain starts to diminish,and pain disappears within 40 minutes. It is important to take Imitrex promptly.

Comment from: susiesings, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 20

I have been using Imitrex injections and pills for about fifteen years now and am so grateful for the relief from migraines that it has given me. I take the pills at the first hint of migraine symptoms and usually they will head it off. If I wake up with a full blown migraine or if the pill doesn't work, I give myself an injection and usually have relief within twenty minutes, with no side effects. It's like a miracle. The only problem I've had is being able to receive help from insurance to obtain an adequate amount of Imitrex so that I don't run out. Recently, doing a mail order from Medco has made it a little easier, but I still have to fight for it and keep after my doctor to help me. It's worth it though not to have to worry about being too dibilitated to go to work. Imitrex has definitely improved the quality of my life.

Comment from: Rosemarie, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

Before Imitrex was prescribed for my headaches, I would have to be taken to the Emergency Room for a shot before I could even function! With the Imitrex, I can take one at the onset and usually don't have to take another one. I am taking chemo now that triggers migraines and I have one 5 days out of 7. Only Imitrex relieves them. I am on Medicare with Rx coverage but my insurance co will only approve 9 tablets every 30 days. While taking the chemo, that is not taking care of the problem. What I need now is some kind of patient assistance with this medicine in order for me to function with my regular duties. Hopefully, I can get some assistance because I have Metastatic Breast Cancer in my bones, spine, and lungs and I will need chemo of some form the rest of my life. I am 66 years old now.

Related Reading: Breast | Cancer

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

This was the worst experince for me, i took it 1 day and almost ended up in the hospital.. I had all the side effects, and the day after i felt terrible. My body was feeling pretty beat up, sore throat, muscle pain everywhere, will not recommend it to anyone.

Related Reading: sore throat | muscle pain

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 21

I took imitrex frequently for about 10 years and it did a wonderful job on my headaches. However, I did not realize at the time that it was causing a heart condition. Please be very careful with this drug. A good alternative is Fioricet.

Related Reading: Fioricet

Comment from: migrainerelief, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 03

I have been a migraine sufferer for over 30yrs now and since the last 10 years I have been using imitrex brand only, it has worked wonders for me, I did have to increase from 25 mg to 50 mg, but within 1/2 hr to 45 minutes I am a new person, no naseau or voimiting. But now my insurance doesnt cover brand imitrex and only covers generic imitrex, but I am not able to take the generic imitrex it gives me chest pain. So now I dont know what I am going to take since it cost $276 for 9 pills. I love my Brand Imitrex...hopefully something else will be available....

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

The side effects (nausea, dizziness, stiff neck, and jaw pain) were easily as irritating as the migraine. I was honestly unnerved by the severity of the side effects. Worse, my headache was back after the pill wore off. I realize not everyone has this reaction, but a this was my first experience, will definitely look for a different solution.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: joselin, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 31

My name is joselin im a single 43 yr old single mom of two. i had two heart attacks since march of 2010 from taking imtrex for my headaches. my life since then has been a constant in and out procedure of beening in the hospital for various health problems. please be aware the medicine is very dangerous and needs to be off the market. carvajos@nyc.rr.com.. true life story....

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.