Imodium User Reviews

Imodium - User Reviews

Imodium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Imodium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cgh77, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

works great for the IBS, I take one or two every other day. I don't get bloated or constipated.

Comment from: KO, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 03

I use the chewable tablets whenever I am not going to be near a bathroom. Start taking 2 tablets about 1 hour before leaving home and every 3 1/2 hours thereafter. Eat very lightly or not at all and this seems to do the trick. Rarely do I have an "episode" while traveling.

Comment from: free!!!!!, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 28

Undiagnosed IBS, I take 4 (max rec dosage)per day with my morning thyroid med and I am now a normal functioning person, able to eat while out. Dr's told me I am lactose intolerant and eat more fiber, HA, makes it worse! So I take 4 per day and I haven't had any diarrhea!

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: sudigirl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

I have tried taking it 3 different ways according to Doc's directions and each way made me so constipated I could't see straight.

Comment from: eddddr, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 28

Very good at controlling chronic mild diarrhea. Using this med for about 8 months. Take 1/2 to 1 tab per day, usually in the AM. No side effects.

Comment from: conpic, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 23

I was pleased to read reviews of Imodium because I have been taking it more and more and was afraid I was taking it too much. But now that I see other people doing the same, I'm not as concerned.

Related Reading: Imodium

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 23

I have used treatment for two days and found good results. I had so much gas one night almost every fifteen minutes I was passing gas that the smell was unreal.

Comment from: CGM1027@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 11

I often have diarrhea, have had stomach stapling and get what they call dumping syndrome and this medication helps control the effects.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 14

I take this to relieve my I.B.S. It works well enough.

Comment from: My experience , 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 06

I have been lactose intolerant for many years. I started taking Anti-Diarrheal (Loperamide HCI 2mg) and my uncontrollable,loose stools have hardened to a more manageable type. I use to have to get to the bathroom with great urgency and had only seconds to spare. Now I can actually wait in line like anyone else. I no longer stress about it when I go out. What a relief. If I am going somewhere I take 2 tablets in the morning then one with each meal. On days that I stay home I don't take any and I have my usual "explosions." I take a break from the drug when I can so I don't build up immunities. No side effects after one month.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 25

I use the Quick Dissolve kind & it's helped me with my IBS tremendously. A few years a go I'd been using presciption imodium before church without any success & I'd gotten to the point that I wouldn't go to church but now I take 1 or 2 of Quick Dissolve before service & no problem whatsoever.

Comment from: I<3BRANDON, 13-18 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 15

i always had diarrhea because of my crohns disease. im also taking bentyl while occasionally needing to take imodium to control "the bad days"

Related Reading: bentyl