Imodium User Reviews

Imodium - User Reviews

Imodium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Imodium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Boo, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 07

Treating my IBS with imoduim is not chemically hard on me as other stronger ant-diahhreal medications. It doesnt cure it but helps about half the time I have problems. I am very anxious because it still effects my social life and anxiety and depression sets in. I am taking a small dose of Xanax each day I may need to increase the dosage (.25mg) 3 x a day. plus I take lexapro a small dose of 1/2 everyother day because it effects my sex life. this is about mostly all I know to share with you. Also I had 3 fistulas surgeries and they cause me to not able to hold my BM when I have freguent bouel movement. I have a very extreme weak spinster around my anus.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | Xanax

Comment from: arkin32, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 21

Using this product on a daily basis caused my skin to dry and caused a rash. Had to be taken off of it.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Lilly, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 18

I have found that this works faster than any other product. I am able to feel comfortable about sitting around the table to eat or walking around looking in shops and it has a easy to use tablet that you chew and does not gag me. I am glad that I have found this product. It is a relief and I never leave home without it.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 25

I take immodium once a day every day. More often when needed. It really works.

Comment from: Abcde, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 19

This drug works great for shutting down IBS symptoms, but it always had a backlash. Took me a while to figure out why: Part of my problem was Lactose intolerance. Lactose is a filler in this drug -- a terrible idea! An alternative doc said to stop milk, milk products, coffee, chocolate, cheese, many oils etc. Finally got off the drug too. IBS is history. It's what you eat!

Related Reading: Lactose intolerance

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

Popping immodium like candy up to 16 mg per day - does not stop episodes. Stopped eating except for BRAT diet - no relief - 3 weeks still into it. Doctor has no clue why.

Comment from: Argeebee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 31

I have been taking one Immodium 2mg tablet daily for over four years for chronic mild diarrhea caused by radiation therapy for prostate cancer. I have only one question: I am also a diabetic, does Immodium cause a rise in blood sugar? Recently, I was hospitalized and could not take the Immodium. My blood sugar was much higher when I was taking the drug.

Related Reading: prostate cancer

Comment from: MrsL., 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 18

Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief is the only product that helps me with IBS with diarrhea. Regular Imodium doesn't help much. Now I am unable to find it anywhere in stores. I even wrote the manufacturer, McNeill, and asked why I can't find it. They replied to my email with a phone number to call. I spoke to them directly and made it clear I just wanted to know where to buy it. They only would say it was temporarily out of production but could't say WHY or when it would return. Then I get in the mail a form to fill out to give them permission to access my health records! They assumed I was complaining, even though when I spoke to them directly I stated I was certainly NOT complaining about the product! Needless to say, I'm not responding to that ridiculous letter. In the meantime, I'm back to scouting bathroom locations before I can leave the house!

Comment from: Diana, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 11

After using Imodium whenever I travel, I find that after having my first normal bowel movement, then I get uncontrollable diarrhea. This happens only once but I have no warning or control and it becomes very embarrassing.

GI Disorders