Implanon User Reviews

Implanon - User Reviews

Implanon User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Implanon sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: October 12

I am just beginning my 3rd month of using implanon. So far it has worked for birth control. However, I have had random side effects like a rash under my left breast, abnormal acne on my face, and I had two periods during September. Also I noted some slight symptoms of depression. Nothing full blown, but I would cry at really random times. Overall it has been fine, I am waiting for the next couple months to get over so I can see how my body settles in with this drug.

Related Reading: implanon | birth control | rash

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

this is my 3rd month. i've had no periods but a little moody and crampy about my cycle time. i would never want to go back to the pill this is worry free.

Comment from: MopGirl, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 10

Don't let the negative reviews scare you! The majority of people using Implanon are happy so they don't bother to leave reviews online! I didn't get Implanon for years because of the negative reviews and now I wish I had talked to my doctor more and read fewer reviews. I have had my implant for 6 months now. I have no periods and no spotting and it has lifted a weight off my mind that was always there when I was on the pill. There is no possible human error once you have had the stick implanted. The implantation process was scary but not painful at all, and my arm was sore for 2 weeks or so after, but now I don't even notice it. The only side effect I have noticed is a slight decrease in my sex drive and a decrease in lubrication when I do have sex. But my sex drive has always been higher than my partner's, so he is actually happy about that! If you are a student or are going to live overseas or just don't want the day to day worry about taking a pill, I highly recommend Implanon. At least have a conversation with your doctor about it. I wish I hadn't waited so long!

Comment from: picasso, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 14

OK Ladies, I am much like you,..I have 4 wonderful children, but was ready for a more permanent birth control. Something I would NEVER have to remember to take, even taking the Nuva Ring once a month was sometimes too much to remember! So I saw Implanon ad at my Doctor's office and asked for it. I then read all these terrifying reviews about the drug on this very site, and how the women on here were saying it has made them grow hair in weird places, caused mood swings beyond belief, weight gain,..(ugh)and horribly heavy periods! Yikes! I called my Doc on the DAY I was to have Implanon inserted and expressed my fears. Good ole Doc eased my fears and I went through with it! (I am a BABY when it comes to needles and such, and let me tell you, I didn't feel a THING!!!! Just the prick of the numbing needle in my arm- nothing more!)And wouldn't you know it has been almost SIX months and I feel completely NORMAL!!!!! the only change I have experienced is the stress free peace of mind I have knowing I didn't forget to take my BC today, or next month! It's right there, in my arm! SOOOO EASY and no weird hair, or painful periods. All is good and I LOVE this method of BC and would recommend it to all!

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 29

Well I am on my 4th month. And I have had one week (combined) with NO BLEEDING. My insides become sore from tampons every day, and my exterior down there gets sore from pads every day. I alternate between the two, but this is a little ridiculus!I also have very bad adominal pain, leg pain. My face is actually breaking out! I have never had an issue with acne! I am now very quiet and don't have much to say to anybody as well. Which is not me.I have read that if you do bleed on this, then expect to have it for the long haul! I am calling the doctor and getting it removed if this isn't cleared up by Christmas! Every birth control is different for each person. If you are unsure, i would go with something less drastic.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Jess1, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 26

I thought Implanon seemed like the best route of birthcontrol I could take. I'm 22, sexually active, and very fit. The first 2 months were fantastic, no bleeding an no obligation of remembering to take my birthcontrol. After the first two months it became unbareable. I became pretty depressed and extremely angry. I would suddenly get hit with 'fits of rage'. I would be working alone, minding my own buisness, and suddenly become so angry I would start slamming things around. It got to the point where drinking became out of question because I would not be able to control my anger. My family thought I was hiding a traumatic event because of the severe change in my temperment. I'm in great shape and am proud of my efforts to stay fit and I even began hating my body and self image. I consulted a doctor and she asked about my form of birthcontrol, I had never thought of that. I decided to have it removed, even though I didn't think it could be the case. I was desperate. A month of so after having it removed I returned to normal. The hormones were too much for me. Good luck, but I would recommend this to no one.