Implanon User Reviews

Implanon - User Reviews

Implanon User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Implanon sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lp2b, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 01

I've had this thing a year and a half and the only reason I'm not getting pregnant is i cant quit bleading long enough to have sex! I'm really tired of this, and I want it out!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 02

I HAVE BEEN ON IMPLANON FOR 6 YEARS AND I AM ABOUT TO GET IT REPLACED AGAIN FOR ANOTHER 3 YEARS. I LOVE THIS BIRTH CONTROL. YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ITS THERE. ONLY OCCASIONAL SPOTTING. THATS IT!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

I've had Implanon for 3 1/2 months and am very pleased with it. Since it was inserted, I've experienced slight spotting, but have never had to use anything more than a panty liner. There have been a few negative side effects (heart burn, some headaches, and slight pain at the insertion sight), but the ease of not having to take a pill everyday far outweighs those slight annoyances. Originally, I was scared to try Implanon, because I had read a lot of negative reviews. In the end, I am happy I chose it and would definitely recommend it to others.

Published: January 15

I have been on Implanon since April 2008 and I have had a great experience with it. I am a 32 year old African-American in decent shape. I got on Implanon because I was tired of taking the pill and I did not care for the Nuvaring. For the first 3 months I had very light periods during the time I was suppose to come on. For the last 6 months I have had very light spotting (just during my normal cycle, no other time) or none at all. It has been great! My only negative experience was about at month 5 I bled after sex twice, but none since then. Other then that I have had no side effects (knock on wood) and I pray that this continues to work because it has been wonderful!!

Related Reading: Nuvaring

Comment from: Momma Jen, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 18

I have put my 18 and 16 yr old daughters on this. No problems. Have been on for over a year. They love it. Almost no periods. No weight gain, but they exercise and swim alot and watch what they eat. I would recommend this to any mother!

Comment from: Belle, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 05

Periods lasting approx 1week after several months of no periods. Cramps and tender breasts during months I dont get my period. Knew what to expect since Doctor gave me the pill form to try for 3-4 months to see how my body would react.

Comment from: shaun adams, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 27

I've had mine in for 6 months now. Slightly alarming breast lumpiness, but my doc says I'm okay. Also, I haven't had any periods though I do get some depression and cramp occasionally. (I started on this after 9 years on Depo shots, so I didn't actually want to have periods.) Overall, I'm pleased.

Related Reading: breast | depression

Comment from: daeshasmommy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 14

I HATE HATE HATE this thing. The first year was ok but now I am bleeding clots that are the size of a dime. Cramps are so bad, I swear I am having back labor. I have cysts and now I am on TWO birth control meds until I can get this thing out of my arm. I would NEVER use it agian. I would tell anyone to stay away form it. I have 3 friends that have it and all were like how I was the first year was great and now its the worst thing ever. I have not felt this way since I gave birth with NO pain meds.

Related Reading: cysts

Comment from: Mrsam, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 02

The insertion didnt hurt, i was numbed well. It's great that I dont have to take it everyday and its very effective. My periods are unpredicatble, my calender is all over the place. I knew not to expect normal periods though. I have spotting to a period every other week and I can spot for a week or have a period for about 8 or 9 dyas. A normal period for me is 5-7 days.It really varies on Implanon. I had depo and didnt gain weight or have any periods, and only spotted in the first couple months. Alot of gals are saying the bad smell is not a side effect AND YES IT IS especially when you are adding hormones to your body. I have the bad smell at the begining of my spotting/periods and it is very uncomfy and embarrassing. I am a very clean woman about hygeine and I have been to the doc several times and they never find any std or infection its just those dang hormones! I have been very moody and I can fell it happening. I cry and curse my husband out at the same time. I have never been this emotional and all over the place. No weight gain for me. I have got alot of headachs too. I have been on Implanon for 2 yrs & 7 mnths. This year has been the worst of it for me. Im not sure if I am going to make it to Jan. We may have a child after this and for bc I'll go back to seasonique or try Mirena

Related Reading: seasonique | Mirena