Implanon User Reviews

Implanon - User Reviews

Implanon User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Implanon sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Beth, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

I had Implanon inserted on 1/14/09 and have been incredibly pleased with it. I had to use it because I cannot take birth control that contains estrogen, so my options were limited. First of all, the insertion was nearly painless and I only had some moderate soreness and swelling for the first week or two. I had about 10 days of light spotting when I switched from the Ortho pill to Implanon, and have not had any bleeding since. I get a little bit moody around the normal time of my period and have some acne. However, I've had periodic problems with acne since I was young and have been under some tremendous stress lately so I'm not sure if the acne is a result of the Implanon or due to other environmental factors. I've also lost about 15 lbs since I started this birth control, which was a concern (and the reason I chose Implanon over the Depo shot) since I am already overweight. I have highly recommended this birth control to friends who have blood pressure or emotional problems while on traditional birth control. If I choose to continue birth control in the future, I will definitely choose Implanon again.