Imuran User Reviews

Imuran - User Reviews

Imuran User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Imuran sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 27

diagnosed at 16 now 47. Been through all conventional treatment for SLE. Imuran only drug for me. Lead wonderful life, you must have faith and be patient. I had to retry the drug, I rejected it at first..

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 08

I have Lupus Nephritis and have been on Imuran for years. We have recently started to reduce my dosage so that maybe I can come off of it soon. It took what seemed like an eternity for the medican to take effect but when it did it worked well.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 06

I have been taking this for a year now along with fiber supplements and colazal. I began taking it after refusing to go another round with steroids. (I couldn't live with the side effects and it wasn't fair to my family either.) It took a few months to start working and I haven't had a flare up since. I have to have blood work done every month but it's so worth it. As long as I REGULARLY take my fiber, I don't have any problems!

Related Reading: colazal

Comment from: bert, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 16

last resort drug for ulcerative colitis treatment for me. Been using for 8 years with no problems & disease under control. Went off & got a huge all over body case of excema. Back on Imuran. everything fine again.

Comment from: carol, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 28

In 2004 I had a bad flare up of my uc which I have had for 10 years. I was given this drug by my gastro. I was only on the drug for 3 weeks and I lost all my blood count and had to rushed to the hospital by ambulance. Spent to weeks and had 12 blood tranfusions 9 units of platlets and a shot every day for 2 weeks so that my bone marrow would start producing blood cells. All because I was not tested for compatability my liver did not matabolize the drug and I overdosed on it even though my dose was very small Get the blood test. Don't be that 1 in million person

Comment from: mzmuskratt@aol.com, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 24

I was prescribed 50 mg in the am and pm. By the second dose, I was experiencing nausea. Second day: experiencing severe nausea and dry heaves. Third day: excruciating constant headaches. By the forth day, I could not walk alone and all the other symptoms remained as well. I discontinued the medication upon doctor's orders. It took another five days to semi-recover from the symptoms. I still am having some mental comprehension issues (9 days after discontinuing Imuran) and my Lupus symptoms are increasing since my immune system is no longer suppressed (fever, rash, pain, fatigue, etc).

Related Reading: fever | rash | fatigue

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 17

Was on this to treat U/C for 3 1/2 years along with Pentasa (and Prednisone as required) still had flare u'ps and was pretty much always taking the Pred anyway. Eventually it suppressed my bone marrow and my WBC and RBC crashed making me real crook. I never felt good on this and in the end the cure seemed worse than the curse. Still waiting to see if my bone marrow recovers. Also couldn't have kids. Good luck, Peter

Related Reading: Pentasa