Inderal LA User Reviews

Inderal LA - User Reviews

Inderal LA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Inderal LA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Beloeil, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 02

I have been on Inderal LA for 12 years now for chronic headaches/migraines. 160 mg (80 mg am and again pm). It changed my life! I now have very few headaches, and rarely migraines. I have no appreciable side effects at all, and am very happy. Side note, though - they tried my daughter on the same for the same reason, and it didn't work at all for her.

Related Reading: Inderal LA

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 19

I started taking this medication 2 weeks ago for migraine prevention and so far I have had only 1 headache. I takemy 60mg dose at night and it does put me to sleep and around noon I get hit with a wave of sleepiness. Plus, I have been eating uncontrollably, however I went off of Cymbalta at the same time I started this medicine, so I am hopeful that my appetite will decrease without the need to staple my mouth shut!! Having no headaches is worth most side effects so I will definitely continue to take it.

Related Reading: migraine | prevention | headache

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

I was started at 60mg 2Xday. The first week I was on it I overslept by more than an hour everyday, was so tired I was falling asleep at work, gained 5 lbs., and couldn't focus or accomplish anything. Trying to work out was impossible, I couldn't even climb stairs without having to sit down & I usually run the stairs 6 times a day! After 8 days Dr cut my dosage in half but I'm still worn out & oversleeping, am experiencing mild burning in my face, hot flashes, and on top of it all my headaches are coming back, albeit in a milder form. I do not think this is a good drug for me.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: wapnjtn, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 14

I have been on this medication since I was diagnosed with ET when I was 19yrs old. It has been wonderful! I no longer feel ashamed of my tremor and do not get picked on for shaking. I can live a normal life now! I have had side effects of slight weight gain, problems sleeping,sometimes diarrhea,but it is still worth it to me for the positives I get from it.I was recently up my dosage substantially from 60mg-1 a day to 120mg-2 a day, b/c my Dr. says my ET has progressed quite a bit. I am still 100% satisfied with this medication.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Pat, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 27

My doctor put me on Inderal LA 180 mg per day and Lanoxin, in 1977 for two reasons. I was having awful migraines that lasted up to four days, and my pulse sometimes went up to 240 beats per minute and stayed there for 45 minutes. My family has a long history of heart disease and strokes. I've been on this dosage ever since. I still get an occasional migraine or irregular rapid heartbeat, but my pulse doesn't go as high. By the way, my migraines DON"T occur at the same time as the rapid pulses.

Related Reading: Lanoxin | heart disease

Comment from: DESTINY789, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 15

I have been on this medication approx. 25 years. Like any medication the dosage goes with your weight, so as you gain or lose weight the medication would need to be adjusted. I have had no ill side effects. This medication gave me my life back instead of being in bed most of the week. This medication doesn't work for all types of migraines. My daughter also has migraines. She was diagnosed with basular migraines when she was 10 years old. A migraines specialist in Washington put her on Varapimil (calan). She was the 2nd child that had even been put on the blood pressure medication for migraines. She had to have her meds increased as she gained weight but she hasn't had anymore problems with kidney failure, heart failure or black outs since. These are problems yoou can ahve with her type. These medications have been a god send. I don't understand why doctors don't try these medications before all the anti depressant meds that have such bad side effects. I hope this helps someone.

Related Reading: calan | kidney failure | heart failure