Inderal User Reviews

Inderal - User Reviews

Inderal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Inderal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: marcuswelby, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 02

My DR. perscribed 40mg as needed for anxiety (I am anxious often). My very first use (1/2 a pill, 20mg) was a home run. It worked so good that what I used to think was impossible (speaking in front of others) is now very peaceful. My heart does not race out of my chest, thus a more relaxing life.--- I am, just recently experiancing some dizziness which is a reaction, but it might be due to alergies. I need to see the Dr to determine the cause.

Related Reading: anxiety | dizziness

Comment from: jane59, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I have used it for anxiety related to public speaking. Since it is a beta blocker that blocks epinephrine, it works very well by temporarily blocking the ability to experience anxiety. You have to be careful, it tends to cause depression afterwards.

Related Reading: depression

Published: December 07

I have never been so at ease giving presentations!

Comment from: michelle, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

i have suffered with migraines for a long time. Inderal has reduced the amount of migraines i have.

Related Reading: Inderal

Comment from: fluffyqueen, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 05

i sleep through the night but my sex drive is almost non-existant.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 18

I was up to 160 mg per day. I gained 20 lbs in 8 weeks! My chest was always tight and I was easily winded. I'm trying to taper down and have HORRIBLE withdrawal. If you are on a low dose..please wean yourself off. I shake, have panic attacks, muscle spasms, insomnia, etc. And i'm tapering slowly for the past few weeks. I was only on it 8 weeks!

Related Reading: panic attacks | muscle spasms | insomnia

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 07

Use over 25 years ... concern of no longer being available.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 29

While this does help prevent migraines- I'm down to one a month now, usually in conjunction with my period- the weight gain is a problem. I've gained 20 pounds while on this and my appetite has ramped up. It's hard to get the energy to exercise when your blood pressure gets low. I wish there was a way to suppress appetite and weight gain, but given that before this I was having migraines 5 times a week, I'll take the fat over the agony.

Comment from: daffy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 02

This medication is not worth the side effects, I am better off finding other ways to manage my migraines!!!!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

Been on it for one month. Not worth the side effects. Gained 7 lbs, got my period twice after not having it for 20 months and having chest pains.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

If I take it everyday it prevents my migrains which for me is a life saver!