Inderal User Reviews

Inderal - User Reviews

Inderal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Inderal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: becky, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 16

I still had daily small headaches even though it lessened the frequency of Migraines. NOT worth the side affects

Comment from: bubbaswife, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 09

After suffering from migraines for 30+ years, this medication now allows me to have a normal life. The disappointment is that I quickly gained 40+ pounds and have been unable to take it off.

Comment from: lola, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

i'm currently taking inderal this is my first time using..i do feel like it's working it calms me down and that's what i need..it was prescribed to me for migraines...so,i hope it controls them

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 12

I am 52yrs. and have suffered migraines for most of my life. I have been on Indernal for 2yrs and have suffered migraines 4xs...This is great for me as I was suffering at least 1 every week for most of my life..It also helps with calming the nerves, so I feel more free when giving speeches or just talking in groups...

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

My doctor prescribed this medication today to treat mypersostent anxiety disorder. After just 2 10 mg doses I experienced asevere asthma attack which lasted mmore than 6 hours even after asthma treatment (use of nebulizer, and inhaler). I recommend that anyone with lung problem, not use this medication,

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: the princess, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

I am on 320mg a day. It makes me so sleepy! I've just started on it 4 weeks ago and so far have only have 2 migraines, it is working to prevent them, I just wish it didn't make me so tired.

Published: November 11

i felt almost immediate effects after starting to take inderal. It's been amazing - no more shaking! No more worrying about if/when the shaking would start. Meetings, meals, even just walking have become stress-free. No (negative) side effects for me.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: Stephanie, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 26

27 years of age and been on Inderal for 5 years for Migraine headaches. The medicine works as it should but the side effects are horrible. I was completely healthy before this medication but now I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high blood sugar. I can't exercise without feeling like I'm about to pass out and I've recently gained an additional 15 pounds. My heart rate has slowed down tremendously and drops to about 52bpm at night. I'm constantly having palpitations that sometimes take my breath away. I have a very hard time remembering things which has become very noticeable to my family, friends and coworkers. I have hot flashes and no sex drive. Although I'm 27, I feel like I'm 87. I've tried to stop the medication before but ended up in the hospital twice in one month. The medicine has given me the ability to have a life but is causing other problems. I would love to get off of this medicine but my doctor won't take me off.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 17

I am a 59 yr old healthy female and my doc started me on this med about 3 months ago for migraines that were increasing in frequency to 2-3 times per week despite the use of the wonder drug Maxalt. I have not had one headache since I started the drug. My blood pressure and pulse seem to be unusually low such as 105/60 and 55-70. No weight gain at all. In fact because of the lack of migraines I have become more active and lost about 10 pounds.

Related Reading: Maxalt | headache

Comment from: SCOOTER, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 16

IT HAS HELPED WITH THE FREQUENCY AND SEVERITY OF MY MIGRAINES, BUT I QUIT SMOKING AT THE SAME TIME AND IN 2 1/2 YEARS OF TAKING IT, I HAVE GAINED 35 LBS. I WOULD LIKE TO QUIT TAKING IT. I HOPE I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH QUITTING LIKE OTHERS I'VE READ ABOUT. I SEEM TO HAVE NUMBNESS AND TINGLING IN MY ARMS AND DIZZINESS. MY HEART SEEMS LIKE IT IS JUST FLUTTERING AT TIMES WHICH REALLY SCARES ME.

Related Reading: SMOKING