Indocin User Reviews

Indocin - User Reviews

Indocin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Indocin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 10

Have had severe inflamation of my ankle, with constant mild pain and a few bouts of very profound pain. Medication appeared to help (decrease swelling and pain) after about 3-4 days of use.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

When i take this drug i get super dizzy and sick

Comment from: Ronnie28658, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 23

I have had gout since I was 45. I am now 67. I made the mistake of taking the first pill on an empty stomach. Believe me, you do not want to do this. Always take it after you eat. I take it at night. I have taken Indocin 75mg. SR daiky for the past 10 years with no side effects. I was recently put on Coumadin (Warfarin) and was told that I cound not take Indocin ever again. My pain became constant at about a 6 and I coludn't hold my violin. I finally convinced my cardiologist to allow me to take the Indocin, but he has restricted me to 7 days.

Related Reading: gout | Indocin | Coumadin

Comment from: DesireeMD, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 17

I have had an excellent experience with this medication! Less than 24 hours ago, I was experiencing profound pain in the joint of my big toe. The pain was constant and stabbing and I was unable to drive myself to the doctor. I called his office, and he called in a prescription for me. Within two hours of taking the medication, the pain was easing. It was completely gone when I awoke and is only just now, after my being on my feet for 7 hours, beginning to creep back in. I feel confident that an Advil will "tide me over" until I can take my next dose in five hours.

Comment from: pab, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 09

I have pseudogout - since I was 28 years old, I am now over 60. This drug controls the outbreaks quickly. I go on for 4- 7 days as needed. It has been awhile since I needed to use it, but I couldn't walk last week and was put on Indocin again and was able to walk within 24 hours thank goodness.

Related Reading: pseudogout

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

After discovering alergic reactions to other meds for gout, this was like a miracle drug for the Gout. Taken "as needed", a two month prescription lasted over five months and no "listed" side effects. It definately goes right to the source and almost instant pain relief.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 08

I suffer from left hip bursitis. as a 29yrd male this is rather deabilitating. The indocine was the best thing i could be given, at one time i would need to go to a doctor weekly for Toridol shots or to the ER for Dilaudid for inflamation control thsi relaly hit the nail on the head, my pain has been down to a 1 or 2 out of 10 complared to the consisten 8. The upset stomach is easy taken care of with a full meal befor taking the meds and the drwosiness ussually i fould would happen if I was dehydrated.

Related Reading: hip bursitis | Dilaudid

Comment from: samantha, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 20

I tried aproximately 15 non-steroidal anti-inflamatory meds over several years and this was the only one that has been great for my pain and I have not had any side effects.

Comment from: bock1jm, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 12

I am 30 years old and have been getting gout since I was 20. When i used this drug I had gout in my ankle and foot. It did not quell the pain or swelling, it just gave me diarhea for two straight days. The cure was worse than the symptoms.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 13

I was experiencing lower back pain from a fall and this was all I had. After taking one dosage I was ale to move without muscle spasms.

Related Reading: lower back pain | muscle spasms

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options