Indocin User Reviews

Indocin - User Reviews

Indocin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Indocin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Machpelah, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 12

I took the indomethacin (50mg) a few weeks ago for a painful knee. It worked great. I had a flare-up with my knee today and took a pill this morning (w/ food) and had a bad reaction. I got very nauseous and dizzy. It felt as though I was having a panic attack. I recommend you take your first dose of this drug at nighttime (as I did a few weeks ago) to see how you tolerate it.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 25

I'm 47 yrs old and this is my first bout with gout. At first I thought I was having a Charley Horse in my foot until I realized it wouldn't go and I couldn't walk. The listed side effects had me scared to take this med. However it worked in just a few hours and I have noticed weight loss since taking it.

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: May 25

This drug relieves the painful onset of Gout, however for me it feels like taking chemo, I get nausia, diahrea, and a real funky feeling inside. That lasts for about 6 hours. BUT the pain is greatly reduced. Tough tradeoff sort of, although the pain is intolerable.

Published: February 27

gout

Comment from: onebatymom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

relief from pain and some swelling. First time with gout.

Comment from: goutshout, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 05

Severe gout in the ankle but this cleared it up in 3 hrs also taken vidocin generic hydrocodin.Keep some spare for next attack !

Comment from: PATSY, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 16

HAS ANYONE EVER EXPERIENCED WATER RETENTION WHILE TAKING THIS DRUG?

Comment from: newfiegirl1938, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 28

I have hip, knee and lower back pain, which this medication has helped more than anything else. I have been on it for four months, so far no side effects.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 14

It will knock the glout out in a few days

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 20

Acid reflux is increased and some jitteriness and weird feeling. I got the prescription the 3rd day of the attack and it helped immediately although the attack was on the decline at the time. I will carry this with me at all times.

Comment from: boarwhite, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 13

Since taking this medication, my blood pressure has increased from 125/72 to 160/100. I do not see this under the listed side effects. Has anyone else experienced the something?

Comment from: Annie1, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 29

Started taking 25mg 3 X day on Friday, today is Tuesday & no relief as of yet? Going to speak to my Dr soon if condition doesn't improve. None of the side effects others reported, but my big toe still hurts!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 01

had severe ankle gout, after taking this med. te pain was gone in 3hrs

Comment from: Maddog 1, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 21

jI had a sciatic nerve attack, causing EXTREME pain,to the point I couldn't get out of bed. I went to hospital,they gave me 3 shots of morphine,which had no effect on the pain.They wrote an Rx for Indomethacin,which easily re- lieved almost all the pain for 10 hours. I should add I tried Ibuprofen and Naproxin 1st, neither had any effect at all.For the next 2 weeks of my Sciatica episode,the Indocin faithfully relieved my pain every time.This was severe pain that 3 doses of Morphine had no effect on! There are many side effects listed in my drug book for Indocin,but I had none whatsoever.It had a very "clean" effect, less side effects than Ibuprofen.This may not be true if you use it for months,though.But for short term use,you cant beat it.It easily out-performs the strongest narcotics! I can definitely recommend it!Was a Godsend for me!

Related Reading: Ibuprofen | Sciatica

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

Use only as and when needed

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options