Infed User Reviews

Infed - User Reviews

Infed User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Infed sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I have received Infed via IV periodically, 2-3 times per year, for almost 5 years. Low iron due to removal of portion of small intestine in surgery in 2002. No adverse reactions known, however I do suffer from arthritis or hip and shoulder joint pain about constantly. This condition has been worse in the last few months. Could this be related?

Related Reading: Infed | arthritis

Comment from: jimbob, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

First of all, thanks to some of the other reviewers for scaring the begeezus out of me prior to my treatment! My treatment was prefaced with bags of steroids, benedryl, and one for nausea like prilosec or something. Then I did a test bag, waited an hour (no reaction) and then got what amounts to a GRAM of iron dosage. All went well and I lived through it!

Related Reading: prilosec

Comment from: Wanda, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 28

No adverse reactions during the IV treatment but I have experienced headaches, malaise and chills the day after the infusion was givern (today)

Comment from: 3WhiteCats, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 17

I feel like a new woman about 8 days after these treatments. I would reccommend pushing as much fluid as possible during treatment. The first time I had severe muscle pain & cramping in my back for about 8 days, but the pharmacist reccommended slowing the infusion rate and drinking as much fluid as possible (park yourself near a bathroom...) and it worked! The results are definitely worth the treatment. I still feel a little derained after infusions, but when the iron levels peak a week later, I remember why I go through this every year. It is definitely worth it.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: darren, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

I thought I was going to die. Immediate severe pain in chest like crushing pain, moving to full length of spinal muscles. low blood pressure and loss of consciousness.

Related Reading: low blood pressure

Comment from: Allergy Girl, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

At administration of my first dose ONLY two tenths of a cc were injected & I immediately went in to severe anaphalactic shock & nearly died. I only had time to say pray before I was unconcious.

Related Reading: shock

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 12

i JUST STARTED THE TREATMENT & I AM PREGNANT, I AM GOING ON MY 4TH DAY & HAVE REALLY BAD PAIN IN MY LOWER BACK & LEGS. i HAVE A PHOBIA OF NEEDLES & I HAVE TO CONTINUE MY TREATMENT FOR THE NEXT 9 DAY'S, I HAVE HAD 1 ANXIETY ATTACK DUE TO THIS & FEEL NO DIFFERENT THAN USUAL OTHER THAN ADDED STRESS & PAIN.

Related Reading: ANXIETY | STRESS

Comment from: Lacie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

I've had 2 Infed infusions within 6 weeks of each other. I haven't experienced any side effects.

Comment from: lsw515, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

I have had 2 iv Infed treatments so far. I am doing weekly treatments of 200ml each. I had gastric bipass surgery in 2009 and now cannot tolerate or absorb oral iron. I have had extreme exhaustion, headaches and feelings of shakiness. Before each treatment I am given benedryl and steroids. I do get the flushing feeling and restless leg feeling achiness all over.

Parenting and Pregnancy

Get tips for baby and you.