Infed User Reviews

Infed - User Reviews

Infed User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Infed sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: whtdmnds56, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 20

I have crohn's disease. I do not absorb Iron. Between low Iron, Ferritin and B-12, it is ridiculous. Infed is not something I find so easy to take. I have infusions about 3 to 4 times a year. I get severe back pain, nausea, headache, very low blood pressure and am sick for about a week with these symptoms. Once it kicks in however, I am at least able to function on a daily basis. However, I would not suggest to anyone who is able to take an oral supplement for this problem. Infed will knock you on your butt!

Related Reading: crohn's disease | headache

Comment from: sere, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 28

I have been on infed for 4-5 years. Have experienced some side effects mentioned in other posts. I have a question for other iron dextran patients. Have you noticed extreme drying of skin especially on face?

Comment from: Tibbar, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 21

I lost a lot of blood over a months time from uterine fibroids. I then had a hysterectomy wher I lost more blood. My iron level was 13. I took the IV iron treatment yesterday and I felt like they gave me lead. I've never been so tired in my life. I'm looking forwards to some benefits over the next few days. This is heavy duty stuff.

Related Reading: uterine fibroids

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

Comment from: rlm, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 26

i had a two minute siezure at the doctors office from infed,and woke up surrounded by ems. and ended up in the er. i told the nurse at the office before the siezure that my back was in pain and my legs were numb.

Comment from: do not take, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

i was 8 months pregnant. only 2ml of test dose was given before i went into shock, and my baby's heart rate dropped to 50 bpm needless to say less than 12 minutes after dose was given, i was in operating room having an emergency c section, resulting in a 5 week early baby who was in thr NICU for two weeks! Please do not take if you are pregnant!!!! My baby and myself almost died!

Comment from: TEA, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

The test dose and first treatment were problem free. The second dose caused back pain. I had a very severe allergic reaction on my third treatment. It occured about 30 minutes after the injection. I broke out in welts and uncontrollable itching. I had to be given steriods and Benedryl to reverse the reaction.

Related Reading: itching

Parenting and Pregnancy

Get tips for baby and you.