Intuniv User Reviews

Intuniv - User Reviews

Intuniv User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Intuniv sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tmsmith, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 02

I have two boys 9 and 7 both with ADHD one of which also has bipolar and a list of other psy. dx. We have tried and tried many many different rx. This is the miracle that we were looking for. My ADHD only child is happier, less aggressive, easier to get along with, and is not bouncing off the walls in the morning. However he is still a a great child and he is not zombish. My child that suffers from numerous medical conditions is not the same child that he was in any way prior to starting this medication. He never smilled, never got along with anyone and was very impulsive. I can't tell you when I got a hugh or was told mom I love you. He now smiles all the time and plays with is brother and sister unlike I have ever seen, now he can't love you enough. This was my miracle. He is still on numerous medication, but this one seems to be the one that makes everything else work better. I am loving my life since this medication. I am glad we gave this a try.

Comment from: Mom, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: March 17

My 12 yr old has been on several different ADHD meds (Vyvanse, Adderall, Focalin XR..) since he was 7 yrs old. All of these meds gave him tics, not to mention the fact that he stayed underweight and small in stature all of these years. Every night he was agitated and tired. Recently his doctor put him on Intuniv. We started at 2mg and then quickly went to 3mg which was way too strong for him. 3mg caused him to sleep all day. After dropping him back down to 2 mg and being patient, I have to admit I really think we have found a drug that is finally going to help him in all avenues. He is acting better at school, better at home, and has gained 15 much needed pounds in the last 2 months. I think he has even grown an inch or so. He is also sleeping better at night. The only problem we have had is that he is still very hyper and uncooperative in the mornings. We recently started him on a low dose of Vyvanse which is helping us get the morning going. Also he has not complained of any tics!! All in all I am pleased. My advice would be to be patient with this drug and if your child is sleeping way too much, then have the doctor lower the dose. Good luck to all!

Related Reading: Adderall | Focalin XR

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: February 08

My daughter takes this everyday, we have found great success with intuniv! This is the latest treatment and we absolutely love that our daughter is herself and can now concentrate on her school work and other activities with out distraction. Much better than any of the stimulant meds out there. Highly recommend this med to parents of children who need some assistance focusing, yet don't want to lose their child to the side effects.

Comment from: Peggi Dial, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 05

My 12 year old son, who has Asperger's Syndrome, has been on Intuniv for almost a year. Before that was Adderall XR. The difference between the 2 meds is like night and day. He can stay focused, he eats, sleeps and is even gaining weight. We did have a problem with the sleepiness factor, but I started giving it to him at night, and no problems since.

Related Reading: Asperger's Syndrome

Comment from: danechick, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 14

Started my 9 year son on this drug & its so wonderful! I cannot say enough good things-its an old drug and the sides effects are non-existing. We ran the stimluant gamut for 2 years & it ceased to work & my son couldnt eat or sleep-it was HORRIBLE-we will never go back on stimulants & I am thankful our DOctor let us try the Intuniv-I really cannot say enough good things about it. My son has 100% in all his classes but two so far this year & in those other 2 he has 98%-people are enjoying being in his company & he has gained 7 much needed pounds-he focuses & listens to directions and I just cannot believe the difference in him. I ALWAYS knew he was a smart funny lovable kid but most people couldnt get past all his other ADHD characteristics to see it themselves. Now he has friends & it makes me so happy!!!

Comment from: juststevieandme, 7-12 Female Published: May 01

My 8 year old came off Concerta and started on Intuniv because of my concerns with the use of stimulants. After taking 1mg daily for 7 days and then 2mg for 7 days the Dr wanted to increase him to 3mg but we've kept him at the 2mg dose because it seems to be effective. The teacher says he is doing just as well as he was when he was on Concerta so I'm pleasantly surprised. Concerta used to keep him up until 11:30 at night and he was mr crabbypants in the morning. With Intuniv he is ready for bed at 8 or 9 and a complete joy in the mornings! Very impressed so far especially when the Dr told us that Intuniv is usually effective for only about half of kids that try it. I feel much better knowing my son is not taking a dangerous stimulant.

Comment from: AnnieWest, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 11

My eight year old son has combined type ADHD with opposition. We did not see any effect until we worked up to 3mg over a series of weeks. On this dosage, he is much less hyper and has better self-control. He also follows directions better and is less argumentative. The doctor may want to see what 4mg does. He is not exceedingly tired or sleepy on this medication, as I had feared.