Intuniv User Reviews

Intuniv - User Reviews

Intuniv User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Intuniv sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MiamisburgMom, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 11

My 11 yr old dtr has bipolar and taking stimulant medications for her adhd caused horrible responses! Since taking intuniv, she has been much more focused and on track and now able to manage her adhd without distrupting her bipolar.

Comment from: ang1970, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 07

My 11 year old son was experiencing severe depression and self-loathing on his stimulent meds. We tried them all. They would help his physical symptoms, but eventually they all put him in a very dark, angry place. We started the Intuniv 1mg about 3 months ago, as school was ending. This summer has been a dream. He is actually a happy kid under all that anger. When I ask him to do his chores, he says ok, and then does them! When I ask him to turn off his video game and go to bed, he does it without it being a 30 minute ordeal.He gained 6 pounds in 3 months, and is sleeping well every night. We give him his pill at 7pm. With school just starting up, we upped his dosage to 2mg, a few days ago. He's had a little nausea the last couple of days, but still eating like a horse...I love this med! I don't see the dramatic improvement in the physical manifestations of AD/HD that I saw with the stimulants. This helps in that area, but the major benefit is the lack of side effects, and the fact that my son is happy. He actually said he loves me, for the first time since he was a toddler. He can visit friends without me being worried he would fly into a rage and hurt someone. When I say no, it does not start World War III! This morning, I overslept. So I come tearing out of bed to find he has gotten himself up, made himself some cereal, packed his homework up, remembered to wear the right tennis shoes (gym today) and walked to school with his friend Jay. All quietly, so that I could sleep in on my first day off in 10 days. Yes, Intuniv is expensive. But it is worth every penny!!!!I love it!!!!

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Lindak911, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 06

my 15 yr old has been on numberous meds since age of 4. He has been on Concerta 72mg plus citalapram for about 4 years which have slightly curbed his outbursts. We started Intuniv only 1 week ago, but there has been a dramatic change in behavior. THIS IS A MIRACLE PILL. I can actually have a conversation with this boy which is something I have NEVER been able to have before. NO MORE FIGHTING. NO MORE OUTBURSTS. He is agreeable and NICE. (I never ever referred to him as nice before)!! This is on the 1 mg pill.. we are startingg 2 mg tomorrow,,, hopefully this trend continues ..

Comment from: willjo4, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 16

My son who has ADHD has been on Intuniv for almost 3 weeks and now at 2mg. It is the first medication we tried because he was getting facial tics. It made him very tired and irritable the first 2 weeks, but we are seeing less fatigue, no tics and his teachers report better attention in class. His behavior at home has also been easier to manage. Fingers crossed this will continue.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 15

My son has been diagnosed with high functioning Autism, ADHD and a mood disorder. He has been on Vyvanse and Abilify for the past year but the aggression was still an issue. His doctor recommended this medicine. I was a little scared to put him on this at first since it is new but I am in love with it. He has been on it 3 weeks now and is it 2mg every morning. There are no more meltdowns, no more aggression. Our house is happier and so is he. Yes he is more talkative but I am more than ok with that. Due to the Autism he kept to himself alot. I feel like I have my son back. This medicine has given me a new hope for him and his future!!!

Related Reading: Abilify

Comment from: txponygirl, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 02

My son is 7 & has been taking this for 10 mths now. We started at the typical 1mg which worked gr8 for about a mth. We upped it to 2mg which continued the positive change until last week. He was at 2mg for 8 mths but started having really bad outbursts again & losing focus. The dr's & I decided to try 3mg & I also changed fr giving it to him at night to the morning due to the outbursts at school. The change in time has worked gr8. He really doesn't get sleeps fr this until early evening. The only difference I see is that he gets irratated pretty easily about 7 to 9 hrs after he takes the pill. This was not happening at a lower dosage so I hope he will adjust to it in another week or so. His grades have improved since being on this drug & changing the time the teachers tell me he's doing much better & can focus on his work easier. He also is able to ignore inappropriate behavior fr other students. Though with all drugs you have your pros & cons, but I find this to have more pro's than cons in our home.

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 28

My son is 10. He started Intuniv about 3 months ago. We are just now seeing the full effect. It is so much better than the simulants. At first he took Vyvanse but it cause him to have 2 tics and took away his personality and smile. Since taking Intuniv, we have our old son back and impulsivness is under control. The only side effect he experienced was sleepy at first but after a week of each new dose, that wore off and he was use to it.