Invega Sustenna User Reviews

Invega Sustenna - User Reviews

Invega Sustenna User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Invega Sustenna sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: John, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 25

I have been taking this medication for 2 years. I've found I can think very clearly on this drug. I recommend taking no sleeping pills on this and maybe only one cup of coffee in the morning. Don't smoke or drink alc unless maybe a little drink once in awhile to help you sleep. Don't eat things that can make you nervous like excessive sugar. I take the 117 dose and consistantly feel good as long as I sleep at least six hours a night.

Comment from: coco, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 23

I take Invega Sustenna injections for my bipolar illness. Aside from the increased prolactin levels, it is working quite well.

Comment from: Taylor, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 03

This medicine has worked great for me. Before getting on this drug, I was very psychotic and nothing was helping. Then when I started this I could tell a little difference, but after being on it for 5 months I'm experiencing hardly any symptoms and I'm feeling normal. This has been a great drug for me. When I first started using it I was very sleepy, but now I only get sleepy the day I get my shot, after that I'm good.

Comment from: Bill, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 03

My experience with Invega began with the pills. After trying other drugs I found the pills are fantastic in making one feel alert during the day. These are slow release tabs so you may have to take a sleeping pill to get to sleep. Now I've been taking the injections for two years. The first six months it takes a little more effort to stay awake during the day though with me this day sleepy feeling decreased. However I can still take day nap though the main reason for that is simply being bored in that I'd rather take a nap than stay awake. Night sleep is normal and you probably won't need a sleeping pill. On doses the first day seems the same as the last and there are no extreme highs or lows. I take the 117 dose. When considering the alternatives there is no other drug I'd rather be taking. Lucky for me with my insurance I can get three doses for $125.

Related Reading: Invega

Comment from: kuulei96792, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 30

I have been taken invega for about a year.Since i've ben taken invega i'm lazy,sleepy all the time,unmotivated,lost desires in life times i get suicidal,insecure,paranoid,I also got a tro on me because i started thinking my household members were playing mind games with me hiding my stuff when really this drug makes me forgetful,i have weight gain ,dry mouth,this drug is not for me

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: aussie'smom, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 10

My son was given this drug to treat his bipolar disorder w/mania because he was not taking his zyprexa regularly, and had an episode of mania. He just received the shot and is being monitored. He seems calm and is able to better articulate his thoughts and think more rationally, but it is too soon to tell if this will help him to function as a normal 23 year old. I'll post again as more time passes.

Related Reading: bipolar disorder | zyprexa

Comment from: nonya, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 09

This is the most obsurd medication maby in this whole entire earth. It lasts for 2 years from one shot and will make you a vegetable. I took one shot of this and it had me wanting to commit suicide all the time. My family thinks it has made me retarded and i am forced to live under the care of elders because of what its effects are every day. I have personnaly been messed up on one shot for 7 months and its as powerful as it ever has been. I recoomend no one recieve this medication and take it oraly if you must...this is more like torture and it should be reserved for pedofiles and rapists.

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 08

I have schizoaffective disorder along with borderline personality disorder, and I've been on the Invega injection since October 2010 and I've been extremely happy with it. I was hallucination free for over 4 months which a small win for me. I've been hearing voices since age 17 and I am now 25. The voices are mildly coming back for several weeks now. I am now able to study at the community college now and can concentrate better. I have been on pretty much any mental health medicine you can think of since age 14. The only medicines that have worked besides Invega are Risperdal Consta injection, Geodon, and Depakote, but I have to say the Invega injection is the best medicine I've been on by far. As far as side effects I get hot and flush sometimes but it goes away maybe a half hour later. This medicine ha changed my life for the better, I almost feel as good as I did when I was a child.