Invega Sustenna User Reviews

Invega Sustenna - User Reviews

Invega Sustenna User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Invega Sustenna sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 05

besides my fear of needles this medication has been very helpful to me. the only question is why have i not had a period in almost 2 months?? i had my tubes tied. this is a great resource for someone who is taking the invega pill but does not have an easy time remembering to take it cause the shot is only 1x monthly....

Comment from: feariiez_flyte, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 28

haven't tried them yet - but - looking into it

Comment from: Kelly92675, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 25

I took the pill for 3 years before the injections. They didnt work because I always forgot to take them and so I constantly was in and out of Psychotic episodes. Felt a difference after the first injection. The voices began to quiet. Was very sleepy in the beginning. And moody, but not raging. Mellowed out over a few months. The facial twitches and personality glitches started to fade away. I was able to interact with my family again and now have a great relationship with them that I cherish. I love my kids and am learning to function as a mother and a provider for the first time on my own in a safe an loving way. This drug truely has saved my life and the well being of my children and their upbringing. Unfortunately it has come with a price. I have gained 76 pounds in 7 months. My thyroid is effected. I have abnormal heart electrical signals. High blood sugar. I stop breathing in my sleep. I have constant swelling on the arms legs and feet. I look like Im 8 months pregnant. I sweat and am constantly hot and dehydrated. I get hives and skin rashes all the time. My face is swollen and puffy. My vision is blurry and I cant hardly taste my food. Seems the side effects are piling up faster and faster lately and Im totally bummed out about it. Im suffering through them because I have tried literally dozens of other medications that havent worked at all and this is the best I have found. For those that havent tried it, you should. Its great. Its peace of mind for those who havent had it. And a chance at normalcy. For now, the side effects wont stop me from continuing to take it. Im seeing a specialist to help. Ill keep you updated on if there is resulution. Its the best I have found in 20 years.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: tdennee19762011, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 08

I been on this drug a year in july and it has help me alot. I still have voices not as much and still have some other syptoms but not that bad. I like it I don't have to take a pill everyday and when I go see my pdoc I get my shot at the same time.

Comment from: IRISMASSA, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 11

MY SON HAS BEEN ON SEVERAL AND THIS LAST ONE LOWERED HIS WHITE CELLS CONSIDERABLY, CLOZAPINE. WILL SEE THE DR.IN 2 DAYS AND IN THE MEANTIME HE WILL BE ON TRAZADONE WHICH DIDNT HELP HIM SLEEP AND DAPAKOTE. I LOOKED THIS MED UP AND IT SEEMS IT WILL WORK. I WILL WRITE A COMMENT AS HE TAKES IT IF THE DR. AGREES.

Comment from: daisy, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 08

This drug has made me so tired I cannot do anything without wanting to sit or lay down.

Comment from: mae, 25-34 Female Published: January 04